U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 02:01 PM

584 posts, read 1,244,395 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,
Is east of Orlando along E. Colonial consider a good area to buy a house ? I would love to know how is school in that part of the city. Also is it where most of the hi tech companies locate at ?
Thank you all.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM

4,193 posts, read 10,965,117 times
What part of east colonial? and the high tech jobs are in east Orlando near UCF Oviedo and Waterford Lakes

Old 08-19-2010, 02:12 PM

584 posts, read 1,244,395 times
Right around University Central Of Florida on E Colonial Dr.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM

4,193 posts, read 10,965,117 times
Usually the neighborhoods right off colonial arent the best because Colonial is a very busy road but they aren't that bad. Do you have kids? there are a lot of nice neighborhoods that are near UCF though... what subdivision are you looking at?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 AM

266 posts, read 1,101,048 times
The UCF area is really closer to Oviedo - lots of great neighborhoods there. Also, if you go a few minutes south, you will find many more neighborhoods of varying ages surrounding this area. Waterford Lakes is a HUGE subdivision that has a large variety of homes, also close is Eastwood, Timber Springs, Stoneybrooke East and many others. Note that depending on where you choose to live, you will be in either Orange County (Orlando) or Seminole County (Oviedo/Sanford).

Many high tech/computer jobs are around the uinversity area. Between Alafaya and the 417 is an area known as the Quadrangle, slightly north of University Blvd on Alafaya is Seimens, also near is Lockheed Martin and a number of other employers that involve computer software/engineering.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM

114 posts, read 285,332 times
Also there are a gang of nice houses on Curry Ford which are minutes away from UCF.

I love East Orlando.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 PM

4,280 posts, read 4,847,263 times
I looked over near UCF when we were shopping for a home. There seemed to be some very nice homes at affordable prices.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:16 PM

5,779 posts, read 13,553,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery1 View Post
Hi folks,
Is east of Orlando along E. Colonial consider a good area to buy a house ? I would love to know how is school in that part of the city. Also is it where most of the hi tech companies locate at ?
Thank you all.
I would go around the Waterford Lakes area and Avalon Park, some beautiful homes and excellent schools in that area. Also close to the Waterford Lakes Town Center shooping center. If you go there I recommend Smoky Bones BBQ, ahh so many memories there.

Another great place to take the kids if you have any is Firkin and Kegler on Waterford Lakes Parkway and Woodbury Road. Its a bit pricy but it can be TONS of fun.

Waterford Lakes was my favorite part of town when I lived in Orlando, along with Hunters Creek in South Orlando

Old 08-31-2010, 11:50 AM

90 posts, read 226,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
Also there are a gang of nice houses on Curry Ford which are minutes away from UCF.

I love East Orlando.
There's plenty of nice neighborhoods off of Curry Ford, mainly from Chickasaw to Alafaya. Chickasaw Trail has nice neighborhoods and Vista Lakes is nice, Andover Lakes is nice, Cypress Springs is nice. My mom lives in a neighborhood called Chickasaw Trails off of South Chickasaw near Curry Ford and her neighborhood is very nice, well kept with a reasonable HOA fee and the homes are about 20 years old and established, the lots are very large in comparison to the brand new neighborhoods, if you like a larger lot. There's a nice house on a beautiful cul de sac down the street right now that has a pool that says "Bank Owned, make an offer today." I would go for it myself if I had the finances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando