Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 07:08 PM

7 posts, read 11,906 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,
My friend and I are 22 year old female professionals/part time students. I currently live in the Palm Coast area but will be moving to Orlando in the next month or so. I am trying to figure out which parts of Orlando to avoid and which areas would be safe for young females. I would like a place that is around a 5 or 10 minute drive to the interstate and has restaurants and shopping nearby also.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 05:54 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
Locations that meet that criteria from North to South:
Lake Mary, Longwood, Altamonte, Maitland, Winter Park, Downtown, Dr Phillips

Old 08-23-2010, 02:31 AM

7 posts, read 11,906 times
Would you happen to know of any nice apartments in those areas?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:22 PM

5 posts, read 7,542 times
I am a single mom.. I'm moving down to winter springs after the holidays. All i did all summer long was research, research, etc. From the county sherrif's office on crime etc. And from people i know in florida . They all said winter springs is a good safe area and stay near redbug lake area , there is alot of shopping strip malls and the oviedo market place malls etc. I looked into so many complexes and the ratings and reviews blew me out of the water. What looked nice was actually horrible after reading them. I found a 93% rating on an apartment complex in winter springs, called ledgends on courtney circle. The office staff couldnt be nicer, helpful, polite, and true blue concerned for my needs, hat's off to Michelle the office Manager !! What a sweetheart! The layout is great and they have specials all the time. If you haven't found anything yet at least check them out! Wish us both good luck!!

Last edited by NEW YORK CITY WOMAN; 09-04-2010 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: left something out

Old 09-04-2010, 03:05 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachy_keen06 View Post
Hey everybody,
My friend and I are 22 year old female professionals/part time students. I currently live in the Palm Coast area but will be moving to Orlando in the next month or so. I am trying to figure out which parts of Orlando to avoid and which areas would be safe for young females. I would like a place that is around a 5 or 10 minute drive to the interstate and has restaurants and shopping nearby also.

Thanks for your help!
Do you know where you'll be working? Downtown and the surrounding areas have a few communities to look into including winter park, thornton park, baldwin park, and college park. Also, Dr Phillips is a good choice, although you're looking more at condo/townhouse rentals rather than apt complexes. I would avoid Altamonte, Lake Mary, and Maitland as these seem more like suburban, single family-style places and less like young-professional type places.

If you want apt complexes, one complex that looked good to me was The District Universal (http://perennialproperties.net/index...lando_florida/) near I-drive. Dr Phillips has some good rentals. Check the 32836 zip (http://www.condo.com/ForRent?Location=32836 (broken link)) and 32819 code (although you'll want to stay towards Dr Phillips - http://www.condo.com/ForRent?Location=32836#view=list-map&loc=45516 (broken link)). Vizcaya, Sand lake condos, Toscana, and Spring Lake have good places to check out.

Last edited by chopchop0; 09-04-2010 at 03:20 PM..

Old 09-19-2010, 03:59 AM

Unhappy Work? Hmmm wish i knew! But still in n.y. So i guess i will have to chance it when i get there..yikes .....scarey though

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Do you know where you'll be working? Downtown and the surrounding areas have a few communities to look into including winter park, thornton park, baldwin park, and college park. Also, Dr Phillips is a good choice, although you're looking more at condo/townhouse rentals rather than apt complexes. I would avoid Altamonte, Lake Mary, and Maitland as these seem more like suburban, single family-style places and less like young-professional type places.

If you want apt complexes, one complex that looked good to me was The District Universal (Orlando Apartments, Orlando FL Apartments for Rent, Orlando Florida Apartment Rentals, Orlando Luxury Apartments | The District | Perennial Properties | Perennial Properties) near I-drive. Dr Phillips has some good rentals. Check the 32836 zip (32836 Apartment Rentals (http://www.condo.com/ForRent?Location=32836 - broken link)) and 32819 code (although you'll want to stay towards Dr Phillips - 32836 Apartment Rentals (http://www.condo.com/ForRent?Location=32836#view=list-map&loc=45516 - broken link)). Vizcaya, Sand lake condos, Toscana, and Spring Lake have good places to check out.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 AM

Thanks for the tips on other complexes will def. Ck them out b 4 i sign on the dotted line..wow i thought this was going to be a fun and exciting move...it has turned out to be an investigation...geees.....researching is no fun..can think of a lot of other things to do with my time! Good luck to both of you and thanks again for the info.

Last edited by NEW YORK CITY WOMAN; 09-19-2010 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: MISSPELLED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando