Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Wegman's is definitely in PA. They started 100 years ago or so in Rochester, and have been gradually spreading throughout NY and into PA, DE, MD, and VA.
Ive only seen them in Erie. Pittsburgh has Giant Eagle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,800,013 times
[CENTER][CENTER]Allentown[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Bethlehem[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Collegeville[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Downingtown[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Erie[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Erie[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Mechanicsburg[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Malvern[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Easton[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Scranton[/CENTER]
[CENTER]State College[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Warrington[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Wilkes-Barre[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Williamsport[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM

640 posts, read 3,065,667 times
Quote:
I have five perfectly ripe Jersey tomatoes on my counter right now that were hand delivered the other day.
I'm going up Saturday and bringing a bunch home with me too!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,752,273 times
Quote:
I totally disagree that Sheetz are nicer than WaWa. I was in a SHeetz up north last week that I turned around and walked out of due to a fly infestation. Gross.
I guess anything is possible. I've been in many Sheetz in PA and never saw anything amiss. Wawa OTOH, was borderline dump when they were in my state. The ~ half-dozen that i've seen in NJ in the last 2 years were not nearly on par with the PA Sheetz stores that i've patronized.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgebel View Post
Great article! I am indescribably happy right now.

Import quote from the article:

One thing that scares me a little, both my article and yours describe Wawa as a "filling-station chain". I hope they don't bring their gas stations down here; I thought those were a failed experiment. The two Wawas I know of that sold gas back home (Dover, DE and Nottingham, PA) were nice (better than anything down here), but not as good as a normal Wawa. Plus, the gas was overpriced and was unbranded.

As a side note, unbranded and branded gas use the exact same gas from the same refinery, but unbranded gas gets the government set minimum additives versus the higher quality branded additives that are put in branded gas. A Valero station may be selling gas made in a BP refinery and visa-versa, it's the additives that determine the brand not the actual gasoline. Most places unless they are close to a refinery get their gas from a pipeline, the pipeline operators don't separate the gas from one refinery from that from another. The additives are put in after it comes out of the pipeline and before it goes into the delivery truck. Whether the difference in additives is enough to justify paying for branded gas I doubt very much, but if it's using cheaper additives it should cost a little less.

-Harry

I work for wawa and I would just like to let you know that our gasoline is sunoco fuel, and it is a private pipeline that we own with them. And also we will be bringing our fuel stations to Florida as well. Oh just so you know the additives they put in are 1) not good for an engine 2) not going to give you better gas mileage either.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM

385 posts, read 1,398,495 times
Found this sign on a construction site across from SeaWorld. Happy, happy, happy

-Harry

Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappell51592 View Post
I work for wawa and I would just like to let you know that our gasoline is sunoco fuel, and it is a private pipeline that we own with them. And also we will be bringing our fuel stations to Florida as well. Oh just so you know the additives they put in are 1) not good for an engine 2) not going to give you better gas mileage either.
OK, but none of that changes the fact that I think non-gas station Wawas are a higher class of operation than gas station ones.

-Harry

Old 09-08-2011, 10:07 AM

112 posts, read 326,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgebel View Post
OK, but none of that changes the fact that I think non-gas station Wawas are a higher class of operation than gas station ones.

-Harry
*shrugs* i think it varies depending on how old the stores are and when was the last time the store was *updated*.

practically all of the wawa stores that i've been to in nj (with and without gas stations) are nice and look *new*.

i've only been to one wawa in nj that looked kinda dumpy and it didnt have a gas station.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerveza View Post
*shrugs* i think it varies depending on how old the stores are and when was the last time the store was *updated*.

practically all of the wawa stores that i've been to in nj (with and without gas stations) are nice and look *new*.

i've only been to one wawa in nj that looked kinda dumpy and it didnt have a gas station.
I'll admit the dumpiest Wawa I've ever been in (possibly the only dumpy Wawa I've ever been in) was in Claymont (Delaware) and it wasn't a gas station Wawa. But on average I prefer the ones without gas stations. The ones with gas stations always just seemed a little too "slick" (not sure if that's the right word) for me. But any Wawa is better than anything we have down here right now.

-Harry

Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 AM

49 posts, read 98,988 times
Nearest Wegmans to Reading would be either Collegeville or Allentown, depending on where you are near Reading. The Collegeville store is rather new. I've been to the one in Allentown. HUGE. If it had been closer, I might have shopped there. Collegeville might have been doable- used to take my kids to Gymboree there. Spent most of my life in Berks Co. PA.

Did my eyes deceive me or did I spot a Turkey Hill store somewhere in FL? Those are pretty nice convenience stores too. Have their own brands of ice cream and iced tea that are very good... they've suddenly begun showing up in BiLo stores here (the ice cream and tea). No deli though at Turkey Hill. Been ages since I've been to a Wawa. Dh is thrilled to be getting 7-11 again....Slurpees! No good convenience stores in SC at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando