Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:22 PM

15 posts, read 130,015 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information, thoughts, suggestions about Orlando area? I've seen many people responding to other areas of Florida, does anyone live in Orlando? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2006, 07:18 AM

312 posts, read 1,905,066 times
I lives in Daytona area and go to Orlando as many as I remembered. Orlando is a big area and it's depends on which are you're referring to. When you get there, it's all about tourist town. Hotel, attraction, and resturant are everywhere.

As for housing price, it's not cheap anymore. The starting price for a nice little house can begins with $200k. There are plenty of jobs available, espeically in the hospitality and medical field.

Apartment is becoming a shortage due to apartment are being converted into condo. It's getting hard to find it in these days.

As for public school, I have to admit and be honest - they aren't too good.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 AM

110 posts, read 689,405 times
We moved to Orlando first. But there weren't any jobs in our field so we ended up moving on to the Tampa area. Orlando real estate is also higher than it is here, although it's rising everywhere. We looked into trying to move back to Orlando but most of the available affordable housing are the condo/apartment conversions and we're not interested in those.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:23 AM

12 posts, read 65,958 times
Default Orlando's cool

I would recommend Orlando. So many things to do and see. Like any major city it has its crime problems but not all of it is bad. If you have the time check out as many places in Florida that you can before you make a decision to live there. If you have small children try the outskirts of the city or Lake county.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:50 AM

4 posts, read 31,599 times
I live in Orlando, actually Maitland, which I guess would be considered a suburb of Orlando (just ten minutes north of downtown). It depends on what is important to you. I moved here six years ago and am now looking to leave. The tourist aspect of Orlando gets old real quick. Just like any other city there are definitely nice areas such as Winter Park, Windermere, and Heathrow and then there are not so nice areas.

If being near the water is important I would suggest not coming here. It is an hour's drive to the beach unless a lake would satisfy you, Orlando has plenty of those.

Housing is out of control and as another poster stated rental apartments are hard to find because all of the developers have bought the apt communities to convert them into condos, which can cost you over $200k for an 800 sq foot apt. The weather is great with the exception of summer and hurricanes. We didn't get much of anything last year but 2004 was pretty bad. On a recent news report it stated that many people are leaving FL because they can't deal with the housing costs, insurance costs, hurricanes, etc.

I cannot comment on the schools since I do not have any children however from what I have heard it seems more and more parents are placing their children into private schools ($$$).

Hope this helps you.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:56 AM

3,314 posts, read 2,216,167 times
Its growing fast.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:22 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
And the award for the most vague question of the year goes to...

Old 06-15-2016, 11:35 AM

457 posts, read 627,308 times
Yes, people live here.

What do you want to know?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:38 PM

17,199 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
Does anyone have any information,
Yes

Quote:
thoughts,
Yes

Quote:
suggestions about Orlando area?
Yes

Quote:
I've seen many people responding to other areas of Florida, does anyone live in Orlando? thanks!
Yes.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:51 PM

79 posts, read 71,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
And the award for the most vague question of the year goes to...
Well considering OP actually asked this in 2006, the award is 10 years past due
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando