Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 AM

976 posts, read 1,102,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Not really. One time, there was an accident on the highway and people got so impatient with the gridlock it caused that they took it upon themselves (without law enforcement redirection) to get off the highway through the nearby on-ramp. It only takes one, and the minions follow. Does the term Floridiot ring a bell?
Ngrome, I was up in Asheville NC last week. Didnt see any bad drivers at all. Lots of FL plates, but for some reason, driving very normal (maybe it isnt the Floridians that are the bad drivers?????)...

Anyhow, I was at the airport flying back home the other day, and after seeing very normal and courteous driving, as we approached the airport, we saw a van driving through the grass median (that's nicely landscaped) as it apparently missed a turn and decided to use the pretty landscpaing as a place to u-turn. We were shocked. Then we saw the plate - FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 02:06 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,479,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Ngrome, I was up in Asheville NC last week. Didnt see any bad drivers at all. Lots of FL plates, but for some reason, driving very normal (maybe it isnt the Floridians that are the bad drivers?????)...

Anyhow, I was at the airport flying back home the other day, and after seeing very normal and courteous driving, as we approached the airport, we saw a van driving through the grass median (that's nicely landscaped) as it apparently missed a turn and decided to use the pretty landscpaing as a place to u-turn. We were shocked. Then we saw the plate - FL.

Hmmmm a car with Florida plates near the airport....probably wasn't a tourist in a rental or anything.....I'm just sayin.

Why are we reviving a 2 year old post for anyway?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:11 PM

429 posts, read 1,099,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Hmmmm a car with Florida plates near the airport....probably wasn't a tourist in a rental or anything.....I'm just sayin.
yea especially if they were willing to drive over a median and possibly do damage..most people beat the hell outta rentals..so that doesn't surprise me

Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post

Why are we reviving a 2 year old post for anyway?
This was in Greenville SC, not at the airport in FL.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
yea especially if they were willing to drive over a median and possibly do damage..most people beat the hell outta rentals..so that doesn't surprise me
As I said, this was in Greenville SC, not at the airport in FL.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 9,238 times
I live in Florida and not only does the law say's that slower traffic must keep right NO MATTER WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS, for all you hard heads read it for yourself FL Statue 316.081. Fl Law also states that ALL drivers must make a reasonable attempt to avoid an accident. So if you are hogging that left lane and think that if someone comes and rides your butt is not right, consider the law, and that you should have been vigilant enough checking all around you at all times in order to see me coming at a high rate of speed behind you. You are who is engaging in "road rage" when you don’t move over and decide to "stand fast" in your "self righteousness". People don’t set out to start crap with you on the road, they just want to get to where their going. Hog that left lane and spike the brakes on me and it wont be hard at all to prove that you made no reasonable attempt to avoid the accident, which would have been just to simply move right, WHICH IS THE LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE. So before you post "all rear end collisions are the persons fault that hit you from behind" better review the whole law. Your "back yard" attorney frame of mind will get you in lots of trouble. Life in prison if you kill some one, Intentionally not moving over and causing an accident that kills some one IS murder. BE PREPARED TO SUFFER CONCIQUENSES

Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,031,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDriver View Post
I live in Florida and not only does the law say's that slower traffic must keep right NO MATTER WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS, for all you hard heads read it for yourself FL Statue 316.081. Fl Law also states that ALL drivers must make a reasonable attempt to avoid an accident. So if you are hogging that left lane and think that if someone comes and rides your butt is not right, consider the law, and that you should have been vigilant enough checking all around you at all times in order to see me coming at a high rate of speed behind you. You are who is engaging in "road rage" when you don’t move over and decide to "stand fast" in your "self righteousness". People don’t set out to start crap with you on the road, they just want to get to where their going. Hog that left lane and spike the brakes on me and it wont be hard at all to prove that you made no reasonable attempt to avoid the accident, which would have been just to simply move right, WHICH IS THE LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE. So before you post "all rear end collisions are the persons fault that hit you from behind" better review the whole law. Your "back yard" attorney frame of mind will get you in lots of trouble. Life in prison if you kill some one, Intentionally not moving over and causing an accident that kills some one IS murder. BE PREPARED TO SUFFER CONCIQUENSES
Do you really think the kind of people that do the behavior you are describing spend their time on Orlando forums? Waste of time writing that...nothing is ever going to change.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,812,167 times
I notice the drivers here do not understand that the left lane is for PASSING and Emergency Vehicles only..... It is not to sit and do a minimum speed... I have no issue with people doing the speed limit or less as long as it isn't in the left lane..... They actually talked about making it an offense to drive in the left lane but the measure didn't pass.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:12 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,229,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I notice the drivers here do not understand that the left lane is for PASSING and Emergency Vehicles only..... It is not to sit and do a minimum speed... I have no issue with people doing the speed limit or less as long as it isn't in the left lane..... They actually talked about making it an offense to drive in the left lane but the measure didn't pass.
that's probably one of the biggest problems with I-4 in Orlando.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM

388 posts, read 787,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
that's probably one of the biggest problems with I-4 in Orlando.
I agree whole heartedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando