Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM

39 posts, read 165,957 times

Advertisements

I love watching the show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the food channel:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-dr...ves/index.html

Does anyone know of any good diners like the ones spot lighted on the show? Anywhere in Metro Orlando will do fine... thanks

Last edited by placestogo; 09-19-2010 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Christo Cafe and Edgewater Cafe in College Park are pretty good. There's a place off Ivanhoe, across from the park that is pretty good but the name escapes me. Than there is Jr's Diner off Coryn near Baldwin Park. For southern soul food, Johnson Diner near the new arena and Mama Nem's on Kirkman can't be beat.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
You beat me to Christo's. I love that place.
Clarkie's on South Orange Ave
Daybreak Diner on Curry Ford

If you want to branch out a bit more you've got...
Ocoee Diner
Winter Garden Family Restaurant

and
Sweet Mama's on Narcoosee Rd.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Orlando cheap eats: Dining on a budget in Orlando - OrlandoSentinel.com

This is a great list. I've tried about 1/3 of the places but am going to try to get to all them. Will post back on experiences. If anyone wants to try this culinary expedition please feel free to join in.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 PM

39 posts, read 165,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Orlando cheap eats: Dining on a budget in Orlando - OrlandoSentinel.com

This is a great list. I've tried about 1/3 of the places but am going to try to get to all them. Will post back on experiences. If anyone wants to try this culinary expedition please feel free to join in.

That sounds great!

Has anyone tried Pinones en Orlando, on the corner of Curry Ford and Conway?

If so, what's your review of the place/Food?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:36 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Casey's Grill on Tuskawilla Rd. in Winter Springs has great angus burgers & onion rings.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:30 PM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
doesnt look like there is anyone from NJ on this forum for this topic yet... There is no such thing as a diner in florida. They may call it a diner and I guess technically it is, but for anyone who may have experienced "real" diners, there are none..real diners have menus that have about every food item known to man on it and are open 24/7. you can have shrimp cocktail for breakfast if you want or bacon and eggs at 9:00 at night if you want. I've been to many "diners" here and though they can be tastey, the menus do not offer everything on the planet at anytime you desire to have it.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURT View Post
doesnt look like there is anyone from NJ on this forum for this topic yet... There is no such thing as a diner in florida. They may call it a diner and I guess technically it is, but for anyone who may have experienced "real" diners, there are none..real diners have menus that have about every food item known to man on it and are open 24/7. you can have shrimp cocktail for breakfast if you want or bacon and eggs at 9:00 at night if you want. I've been to many "diners" here and though they can be tastey, the menus do not offer everything on the planet at anytime you desire to have it.
What you talk about is only NJ's definition of a diner. The rest of the USA seems to define a diner as the ones listed by others.

I've lived in many states and have eaten at many a "real" diner.

Are we really going to have to quibble over YOUR definition of a diner? That's about as boring as the argument on Hoagies, Grinders and Subs.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 PM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
What you talk about is only NJ's definition of a diner. The rest of the USA seems to define a diner as the ones listed by others.

I've lived in many states and have eaten at many a "real" diner.

Are we really going to have to quibble over YOUR definition of a diner? That's about as boring as the argument on Hoagies, Grinders and Subs.
im not looking for a quibble. Are you just looking for a reason to do so? You are aware that nj is the diner capital of the country right? I agree what I said is just from a nj standard but you certainly dont need to try and turn a fun subject into a battle. Now if you want to talk pizza that might be different...calm down, its all in fun!! I too have eaten at many "diners" in other states, do we really need to go there? quibble on if you wish.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURT View Post
im not looking for a quibble. Are you just looking for a reason to do so? You are aware that nj is the diner capital of the country right? I agree what I said is just from a nj standard but you certainly dont need to try and turn a fun subject into a battle. Now if you want to talk pizza that might be different...calm down, its all in fun!! I too have eaten at many "diners" in other states, do we really need to go there? quibble on if you wish.

Sorry...it's hard read emotions on the internet. I was just playing. I should have inserted smileys.
No battle was intended.

And I love all pizza equally....

Last edited by Granny Sue; 09-23-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando