Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,646,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
The arena isn't open to the public yet. This weekend there is a preview, and the first event is an Eagles concert and then Magic preseason.
It just opened for the public today at 10:01am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,030,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
It just opened for the public today at 10:01am.
I thought preview day was tomorrow. Can you just walk over there and go inside today?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Oh I see, today is like a PR day:

"Opening day activities will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, October 1 on Church Street in front of the Amway Center. At precisely 10:01 a.m. on 10/01, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, Orlando Magic President Alex Martins, Orlando City Commissioners and other Central Florida leaders will open the doors to the new Amway Center for the first time to the public. Following the ceremonial ribbon cutting and building dedication, the community will be invited into the lower bowl for Mayor Dyer’s Annual State of Downtown Address. This year, the State of Downtown is a free event where the entire Central Florida community can participate in this historic day."

Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,477,769 times
I'll be there in the morning.
I've been looking at the seating online and really curious to see it in person. We had great seats in the old arena (1st row upper bowl only two seats in the row) and really hoping we can find something similar. Looking at the pictures it sure seems that the upper bowl is alot farther away from the field.

Tomorrow will determine if this is our last year as season ticket holders.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I've been looking at the seating online and really curious to see it in person. We had great seats in the old arena (1st row upper bowl only two seats in the row) and really hoping we can find something similar. Looking at the pictures it sure seems that the upper bowl is alot farther away from the field.

I love the first row of upper bowl...those are probably my favorite seats in any arena. The old arena's upper deck was really close to the court compared to newer arenas. I bet you anything people all the way in the top rows will be glued to those giant HD screens hanging from the rafters...kinda defeats the purpose of being there, but you still get that atmosphere you can't get at home.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,646,019 times
Quote:
I thought preview day was tomorrow. Can you just walk over there and go inside today?
I made it in for a little bit before they shut it down for the day today, its real nice. I also heard that once the Amway center is open, the lounges, stores, etc will be open to the public ever day even when there isn't an event. But I guess that will start tomorrow cause they were still setting up stores.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM

706 posts, read 1,305,072 times
Quote:
I love the first row of upper bowl...those are probably my favorite seats in any arena. The old arena's upper deck was really close to the court compared to newer arenas. I bet you anything people all the way in the top rows will be glued to those giant HD screens hanging from the rafters...kinda defeats the purpose of being there, but you still get that atmosphere you can't get at home.
Thanks!

Trying to figure out what tix to get from stubhub. Don't want to spend 500 bucks.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 PM

706 posts, read 1,305,072 times
Section 101 or 201? any other thoughts?

Orlando Magic vs Washington Wizards [10/28/2010] at StubHub!

Go Magic!

Old 10-01-2010, 12:37 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,477,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
Section 101 or 201? any other thoughts?

Orlando Magic vs Washington Wizards [10/28/2010] at StubHub!

Go Magic!
I can't let you know until tomorrow lol

Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,913,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post

Sue,
First off I hope you like your new seats and continue to be a season ticket holder, that's pretty awesome. When I spoke with a ticket sales rep, he told me that because of the slope of the bowl being much steeper than the old arena, the seats may be higher off the court or floor, however, all them will technically be closer. Confused, skeptical, so was I but hopefully tomorrow will ease your mind. I'm going too, I'll take lots of pictures for this thread and the Orlando Photo Thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando