Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
What part of UNDERAGE DRINKING do people NOT understand!? Especially in public places, it's completely different if done in your own privacy, not condoning, but people are becoming dumber and less aware of normal social behavior. It seems like Orlando gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to tourists. I'd take Vegas ANY DAY. Not only are a majority of the residents here stupid, the people who visit here are too. Then they wonder why kids behave the way they do these days, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PARENTING!!! I wish I could smack some of these parents who let their kids drink in public, it's trashy. Welcome to Floriduhhh!!!! Moderator cut: off topic

I'm also amused how when people KNOW they are doing WRONG, and get caught, and then retaliate like they're in the right. It's disgusting. There's no sense of self responsibilty anymore, live and learn has obviously never been taught to these neanderthals.
So true! As a Fla. Native I've seen it all, there does seem to be an element down here that's just disgusting. One of the worst problems in society today is a complete contempt for authority coupled with a complete lack of any personal responsibility-it's always someone elses fault. Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Granny Sue; 09-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
No, I was referring to the one poster suggesting that convenience stores not sell to parents if their children are present. I think that's what he was getting at.
It's probably store policy, as they have the right to refuse service to anyone. ATF is crazy strict on underage drinking, and can kill a store's liquor permit.

I remember a girl that used to work for me that used to work at circle k and she was charged with a crime for not detecting a fake ID of an undercover agent.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
It's probably store policy, as they have the right to refuse service to anyone. ATF is crazy strict on underage drinking, and can kill a store's liquor permit.

I remember a girl that used to work for me that used to work at circle k and she was charged with a crime for not detecting a fake ID of an undercover agent.
I thought is was state law, not store policy but I could be wrong. And the reasoning was that I could be purchasing the alcohol to GIVE to the underaged minor. So therefore, the store owner , not knowing my intention, and me having minors present, would not sell me liquor.

There was a theme park in NJ that the drunkards used to get out of hand all the time to the point that we stopped going. It really hurt their sales big time. It took them a few years to clean up their image once they cleaned up the drunks. (Six Flags Great Adventure)
I commend Universal for keeping the lid on it!

Old 09-24-2010, 02:20 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
I thought is was state law, not store policy but I could be wrong. And the reasoning was that I could be purchasing the alcohol to GIVE to the underaged minor. So therefore, the store owner , not knowing my intention, and me having minors present, would not sell me liquor.

There was a theme park in NJ that the drunkards used to get out of hand all the time to the point that we stopped going. It really hurt their sales big time. It took them a few years to clean up their image once they cleaned up the drunks. (Six Flags Great Adventure)
I commend Universal for keeping the lid on it!
Thank you for that clarification Miss Obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando