Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:59 AM

32 posts, read 98,392 times

Advertisements

Trespass Warning Boycott Universal Orlando

I find this kind of hard to believe. I realize and agree that underage drinking is not a good thing, I just wonder if this really is how Universal operates or is this guy just "slightly" embellishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
What's for real is dumbasses thinking that they are above the law. I think the guy is more than slightly embellishing, although if you threaten Universals ABC license by giving a minor access to alcohol on their grounds, you deserve to have your ass kicked out.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:31 AM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
What's for real is dumbasses thinking that they are above the law. I think the guy is more than slightly embellishing, although if you threaten Universals ABC license by giving a minor access to alcohol on their grounds, you deserve to have your ass kicked out.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:19 PM

I absolutely agree re: the underage drinking and was amused how this guy apparently didn't realize how silly he sounds throughout all this (meaning these people don't really have a leg to stand on).

I guess I should have specifically pointed out the one "article" I was questioning - where a guest was harassed by another guest and when she asked for the Orlando police to be called to file a report, they were banned for life. Guess these reportings are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Bottom line is Universal is private corporation who are free to conduct their business however they like. Unless they discriminate against you based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, than they have not violated any laws. That being said, the only repercussions are the way their consumers react. If it starts to hit their bottom dollar, they'll change their policies but until than it's business as usual.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:05 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.vought View Post
I absolutely agree re: the underage drinking and was amused how this guy apparently didn't realize how silly he sounds throughout all this (meaning these people don't really have a leg to stand on).

I guess I should have specifically pointed out the one "article" I was questioning - where a guest was harassed by another guest and when she asked for the Orlando police to be called to file a report, they were banned for life. Guess these reportings are to be taken with a grain of salt.
Many, many years ago I was seriously harassed by another guest at Universal, they offered some assistance but wouldn't call OPD when asked. I dialed 9-1-1 myself and OPD responded. Then Universal couldn't do enough for me. So I do believe that Universal wouldn't call police, although I think there was more to the story--Universal certainly never threatened to toss me out for asking for police intervention. (The other guest was arrested, btw)

Old 09-21-2010, 01:10 PM

Good for you Annerk! For another topic discussion, I suppose - what drives some guests at theme parks to act like such idiots?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:39 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Many, many years ago I was seriously harassed by another guest at Universal, they offered some assistance but wouldn't call OPD when asked. I dialed 9-1-1 myself and OPD responded. Then Universal couldn't do enough for me. So I do believe that Universal wouldn't call police, although I think there was more to the story--Universal certainly never threatened to toss me out for asking for police intervention. (The other guest was arrested, btw)
yes, I am sure there was more to it...if you look at the video link, the "victim's" husband says something about 'let's agree to disagree and get on with the day' and the "perpetrator" says something like 'oh it takes a man to let his wife verbally assault me and just move on with the day' or something like that...so I am certain that both groups have blame in this case.

I was taliking with the local 7-11 cashier lateley and the laws in FL are NO JOKE regarding the sale of liquor. If they sell alcohol to someone who is in there with children, they can lose their license. Yes....if they HAVE children with them! If there are two people at the counter together, and one is purchasing alcohol, they must card BOTH...it's crazy...

I don't blame Universal for their no tolerance policy regarding booze. I would not want to pay those ticket prices to deal with a bunch of boozers in the park. I blame parents who think it is even a LITTLE bit OK to allow children to drink even a sip in public. I don't care if it is a jello shot or slushie drink or hard liquor!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
What part of UNDERAGE DRINKING do people NOT understand!? Especially in public places, it's completely different if done in your own privacy, not condoning, but people are becoming dumber and less aware of normal social behavior. It seems like Orlando gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to tourists. I'd take Vegas ANY DAY. Not only are a majority of the residents here stupid, the people who visit here are too. Then they wonder why kids behave the way they do these days, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PARENTING!!! I wish I could smack some of these parents who let their kids drink in public, it's trashy. Welcome to Floriduhhh!!!! Moderator cut: off topic

I'm also amused how when people KNOW they are doing WRONG, and get caught, and then retaliate like they're in the right. It's disgusting. There's no sense of self responsibilty anymore, live and learn has obviously never been taught to these neanderthals.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 09-24-2010 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
I was taliking with the local 7-11 cashier lateley and the laws in FL are NO JOKE regarding the sale of liquor. If they sell alcohol to someone who is in there with children, they can lose their license. Yes....if they HAVE children with them! If there are two people at the counter together, and one is purchasing alcohol, they must card BOTH...it's crazy...
I can assure you that they only card the person buying the alcohol. Maybe the 7-Eleven you went to has a unique policy, but pretty much every 7-Eleven/Circle K/regular old gas station doesn't care who buys the alcohol as long as they're 21.

That being said, it is extremely easy to find places that sell underage. Lots of stores in ghetto-type areas will, as do a lot of drive-thru beer places. More places will sell to an underage girl than they will to an underage guy. The number of people willing to by beer for kids sitting outside the store is also pretty amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando