Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,275 times

Advertisements

Actually gimme5, right back at ya. I don't enjoy Pat's steaks either, I hate cheez wiz on cheesesteaks. I like the ones out in the burbs made at the local Italian pizzerias. Amaroso rolls, add some pizza sauce and fried onions... to die for! I'll need to get my fix when I'm up there in Sept! Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 PM

56 posts, read 314,189 times
Thanks for all your replies. I only moved to LA like 6 montsh ago due to family, but I'm just having a hard time getting adjusted. When I was in Orlando I just fit in right away. Granted that was 7 years ago and I know a lot has changed but which city does not go through that? Just the fact that Orlando is smaller than LA helps a lot too. LA is just a bit too big for me LOL.

Luckily a friend invited me over, so I'll be in Orlando next week and see for myself. It's only a week but still. And I realize it's vacation and not living here but as long as it feels good I know I'll be ok once my lease is up and I decide to move back to Orlando.

Is Orlando traffic really that bad? Last night I was stuck on the 101 here in Hollywood and it was 10pm. I guess the only time there is no traffic here is in the early am on a Sunday night.

But yeah I do think I'd miss Trader Joe's too. I love that store.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC2OC View Post
Here are some:

- Don't underestimate the bugs. You will have to learn to co-exist with them.
- Don't donate all your winter clothes. Orlando can get chilly in the winter.
- Don't bring your gas appliances. Most houses (if not all) use electric.

- Do your homework
- Do bring Trader Joe's stuff
- Do come to Orlando with an open mind and don't try to compare.

Thanks or these reminders. That is teh weirdest thing about LA. I have yet to see any bugs. We have them in Europe and I was used to them in Orlando, but here they seem more or less, extinct.

And having had a really warm winter here in LA, I must admit I kinda miss the colder days LOL. Ok that's something I'd never imagined I'd ever say...

Last edited by LABlue; 07-28-2007 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-28-2007, 03:00 PM

69 posts, read 443,528 times
Traffic is not as bad as in L.A. from what I remember.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:12 PM

I'll find out next week when I am in Orlando. From what I remember it wasn't that bad but maybe that has changed over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando