Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
That is a very good point about retail. I think if they added shopping, it would be busier. They don't have a movie theater and maybe a restaurant row which I think would be a good idea. I would love to see a Dave and Buster's or maybe a bowling alley. I know that have a movie theater and restaurants at Citywalk, but I think it would do well downtown too. I think they do a good job with adequate bars and clubs though.
Thank you, it only seems natural and I truly think it will happen. DT Orlando is on the up and up and even during this economic slowdown has seen amazing things open like the Plaza Cinema Cafe, Amway Center, and the groundbreaking for the new Performing Arts Center. An urban bowling alley would be sweet with an attached restaurant/lounge area. I went to one in DT Cleveland near the Q arena and it seemed like a chill place to spend a couple of hours on the weekend or after work, a Cavs game, special occasion, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Well, I guess I didn't.
In your defense Becky, the Plaza Cinema Cafe has only recently stepped up their self-promoting. The original mgmt fell through, they changed hands, and they are just now beginning to make their mark in Orlando. They have become our favorite theater to go and see a movie on the weekend since afterwards I can enjoy a cigar at Corona (like Colonial Town Center in Lk Mary), or we can go dance, have a few drinks, then catch a slice of pizza @ 3am. That said, Orlando has so many other great theaters located in entertaining areas like AMC Altamonte 18, AmStar in Lake Mary Colonial Town Center, Regal Waterford & Winter Park, CityWalk, and Pleasure Island, I can easily understand why many would overlook the one DT. However, go have a nice dinner at Relax Grill on Lake Eola, stroll around the park for a few hours, run over to Orange Ave. to catch a flick, and then drop into Tanquery's for a drink or two afterwards, it'll make for a really nice evening. Of course, another plus is that the seats are like giant La-Z-boys, with oversized cup holders and mini tray tables with are nice since buckets of beer, bottles of wine, wings, cheesesticks and other non-traditional movie theater fare is available for less than the crappy popcorn and stingy candy boxes at most other locals. Oh and did I mention that the tickets are slightly cheaper too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 03:29 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Do you guys remember that Lou Pearlman was going to transform the Church Street Market area to have live music and vendors and such when he moved Transcontinental Studios there? That would have been alright if he wasn't such a fraud himself. Live music venues in Orlando have always been and will continue to be remarkable. We are a blessed city for music that needs to regain it's steam and popularity as such. Went to the Paramore show back in August and Haley Williams kept saying how Orlando was the bands second home and how they had played Backbooth, the Social, HOB, Hard Rock, etc, and that they even recorded their first album here. That spoke volumes to me about how well this city can be percieved by so many people in the real world yet trashed as a second rate tourist trap by so many on CD and other internet forums. Jealousy if you ask me.
We have an amazing organic music scene here. You'd be surprised how many people from different national bands live right in Orange, Seminole, and Lake counties, and how many major label records are recorded here every year.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:45 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
We have an amazing organic music scene here. You'd be surprised how many people from different national bands live right in Orange, Seminole, and Lake counties, and how many major label records are recorded here every year.
No I wouldn't, I'm aware. I guess what I meant to say was along with all of that, I'd also like to (as sad as this sounds lol) get back to being a capital for pop music. ANY type of music for that matter is good for the area. Take it from me, a good friend of mine was Mandy Moore's brother Kyle, she had a huge boost by living in Orlando since we were poping out pop bands at the time: Backstreet, Nsync, Creed, Matchbox 20, O-town, and LFO. I love the organic, and it's cooler, but I don't like to loose any other segment of our music industry which brings us notoriety and backsteet cred lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando