Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:27 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times

Advertisements

another incident lastnight. ANOTHER ONE!

guy pulls out his gun and points it towards him and his family. just for accidentally pulling in front of him. luckily, no shots were fired.

is orlando the worst for this stuff? there have been a lot lately. i dont wanna hear it "can happen anywhere." this is rediculous, and there have been like 5 incidents in a short period of time lately. and this is just the ones i've heard about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,101 times
You are right....ive seen people get out to start fights all over town and i myself have been pissed enough to get out and see if the moron who almost clipped me wanted to actually try to clip me for real in my face.....i really didnt care at that point because the guy was on my azz for a while and wouldnt get the hint and then he almost hit my back end as he went around...ive been in 2 fights out there and a lot of other incidents of rage either them yelling at me or me yelling at them.......well yeah to those who say that "the shootings in traffic road rage incedents and guns being pulled out in traffic" always happen in other places as much as orlando right now i would say show us as many stories from your home state and compare it to the amount of incedents that orlando has presently....

Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
another incident lastnight. ANOTHER ONE!

guy pulls out his gun and points it towards him and his family. just for accidentally pulling in front of him. luckily, no shots were fired.

is orlando the worst for this stuff? there have been a lot lately. i dont wanna hear it "can happen anywhere." this is rediculous, and there have been like 5 incidents in a short period of time lately. and this is just the ones i've heard about
I saw fist fights on the side of the road all the time in my 15+ years in Orlando. There were always two cars pulled off on the curb and usually two guys fist fighting. Sometimes there would even be expectators watching the fights. I once saw a woman holding a baby outside one of the cars of one of the guys fighting.

Are you surprised?? This is quite normal in Orlando. I think it is the hot and muggy weather, tons of traffic, bad drivers, and just aggressive northern drivers that create even more fuel to the fire.

But seriously, this is an everyday thing in Orlando. I cannot deny.... I have actually stopped a couple times to watch the brawl and no cops ever showed up, even after I called 911. But this is part of the culture in Central FL now.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:12 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,410 times
Quote:
ive been in 2 fights out there and a lot of other incidents of rage either them yelling at me or me yelling at them.......
No offense, but I never get yelled at on the road, nor do I yell at anyone. On the highway I drive faster than the speed limit, and if I'm going slow, I move over to the right lane and let traffic go by. I don't ever talk on a cell phone while driving - I just keep the dern thing off. I pay attention. I don't shave or "primp" in the mirror while I am driving. I am aware of who is around me.

So, what are you doing wrong? Because I've lived in Orlando most of my life and don't seem to be having the problems you do. Oh, and I even tailgate from time to time, but still no one seems compelled to yell at me.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
No offense, but I never get yelled at on the road, nor do I yell at anyone. On the highway I drive faster than the speed limit, and if I'm going slow, I move over to the right lane and let traffic go by. I don't ever talk on a cell phone while driving - I just keep the dern thing off. I pay attention. I don't shave or "primp" in the mirror while I am driving. I am aware of who is around me.

So, what are you doing wrong? Because I've lived in Orlando most of my life and don't seem to be having the problems you do. Oh, and I even tailgate from time to time, but still no one seems compelled to yell at me.

Well i deliver pizza for a living and have delivered for the last three years and believe me i have seen it all in the time ive been at the job and just driving for personal reasons.........i have seen someone pull a gun on someone else to intimidate them, i have seen fights, a person throw a baseball bat out of his window at another car on the turnpike.....people throwing drinks out at other people.....ive also seen a bunch of fights while waiting at the stop lights around town and ive been here about 7 years now and have seen more here than alot of other places ive lived even in Miami i didnt see this much in traffic.....i guess because everyone owns a gun down there and it isnt wise to get into a gunfight......

but yeah delivering pizza in Lake Buena Vista ive seen some weird things out here, that would make anyone very pissed......ive seen alot of accidents and have been in 2 hit and runs....so i guess thats why i get so defensive out there because no one helps me pay for the damage and the hit and run person goes free to do it again......i am not one of those tailgaters or people that need to get somewhere in a hurry because ive seen so much happen and i am not trying to get in a wreck out there.....

and when i lived in Deltona i delivered pizza up there and i remember driving down a one lane street going about 45-50 mph in a 40 mph zone and this guy on his crotch rocket came flying up on my azz...well he decided to prove a point since i wasnt going fast enough for "his" needs and he tailgated me for a while then he kinda clipped the back end off my car and rode close enough to my window as he passed that i could reach out and grab his weiner if i wanted....but thats another story....lol.....and im not gay either...lol......well as he flew by he felt he had to stare down the pizza driver (me) and spit at my car and take off going 65 mph.....well when he spit...i flicked him off and he slowed up until we got to the stop light.....and then he stopped so close to my front end that i couldnt turn either way....he took his helmet off and got off his bike.....then started walking back towards me....

so i didnt care at that point because he was a threat to my life just by getting off his bike and turning to walk towards me....well he started yelling in spanish and i got out and was about 2 feet taller and alot bigger than his 40 year old azz so he kinda stopped walking towards me and i told him to "go on and hit me" .....and he stayed his distance so i said "go on" ...."isnt that why you got off your bike?"......he did nothing but yelled and all i can clearly remember him saying was that he was from Puerto Rico and i was a white boy....well i yelled and just stuck my chin out for him and said "go on already" (hit me)....and then i said if you aint gonna do it then get tha u know what outta here and go on and call my boss....im sure he'll listen to you....well he got back on his bike and that was that......it wasnt the story about the fight....because that story is too long....but i have had these kinda altercations alot and have been in 2 fights

Ive seen people get out of the car on I-4 a couple times.....and ive gotten out on KIRKMAN, Palm Parkway, Turnpike Toll booth, and on I-4 from people that wanted to tailgate me or people that tryed to clip me as they try to pass me.....i dont drive slow by any means.......i drive with the flow of traffic usually.....but some people want to go 20 mph or more out there and is it really safer to let them go that fast by letting them fly around you?.......i will move over most times but if i somehow cant get over right away and the person is still coming up faster and faster on my azz then im not gonna let this moron make me get out of his way....because i would have let him go but he didnt see that i couldnt get over right away (and didnt care either) so screw him

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 07-17-2007 at 04:28 AM..

Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 AM

What i really hate is when someone is in front of me in the fast lane and i am 2 car lenghts back from him but this anus behind me needs to be on my butt for some reason.....it wont make me move ....im not scared of anybody......i do get over but it depends on attitude.......if the guy sees that the lane to the right is full and i am struggling to get over and he keeps his distance (2 or 3 car lengths) then i move asap....but if this guy sees the lane is full to the right and sees me struggling but continues pushing me foward and is a car length or less behind then i have no respect because he is selfish and doesnt care that my 3 year old nephew might be in the passenger seat so since he wants to put my life and others around him in danger then i dont respect his wishes either and then i keep with the flow of the car in front of me and the azzhole behind me can see how hard it was for "me" to try to get over by getting over to go around me since he wants things all his way......i "always" move when people respect and see that i might be going too fast to merge right over into a lane with cars going alot slower and if they see that i am actually timing my place where i can get over...but if they dont care or dont see that then they are impatient......i always put myself in another drivers shoes before i decide on getting mad at him ........maybe they cant get over right away or maybe he missed his exit or something....there is a difference between an honest driving problem like not being able to move right away and actually purposly going slow to **** people off....i dont stop a lane of traffic ever ......usually the people who tailgate me come up on me when im 2 - 3 car lenghts behind someone.......im not getting over into the slow lane at that point just to lose my place behind the "normal" flow of traffic in a fast lane....if someone wants to speed around me he'll have to usually pass 2 or 3 cars in front of me because i am never the one alone in the fast lane that has "alot" of space between me and the car in front......i give the 2 second rule and always speed up to get behind the next car in front....but never on thier butt...i give them respect and space and dont fly up on thier butt......have you ever tryed to get over and people were all in that other lane and you had to wait for the gap to get over?....well i am not going to risk a speeding ticket because someone wants to speed 90 mph and instantly like magic make me and everything get out of his way.......have some damn patience is what i say.......

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 07-17-2007 at 04:53 AM..

Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM

239 posts, read 799,113 times
As a humble, peace loving, all-around nice guy, I can honestly say that driving in Orlando has made me consider pulling over, dragging some soccer mom outta her minivan and beating her to death with her own child. Between that and the kids in their $2,000 cars ($1,800 of which is rims) I need to move before I lose it and go to jail for murder.

I average seeing 2 wrecks per week between my home and work (JYP and Sand Lake), and dozens of illegal U turns, running red lights, and people refusing to let anyone change lanes even when the lane is ending due to construction.

Is there something in the water, or does exposure to sunshine do it?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
thaspecial, you are hilarious! the weiner thing was a little much, but damn that was funny.

stupidflanders, i know what you mean. i have never seen anything like orlando. not in some others parts of fla, not in michigan, nc, sc, tn, etc... orlando is the pits when it comes to driving.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 AM

22 posts, read 110,107 times
I can understand why road rage is so prevalent here. I get off at Kirkman Road to get home and the long lights and traffic can be frustrating. I'm in the left lane, stopped at a green light, while traffic speeds by me. I drive a Beetle which makes it difficult for me to see ahead and assume there is an accident blocking the lane. There wasn't an accident. It was a bus (large tour bus) that made a left turn, not from the two left tune lanes, but from the farthest left though traffic lane. Stuff like this happens everyday on Kirkman Road.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,410 times
Here are my personal "rules of the road" for motorcycles and cars in this situation:

1. When dealing with an a-hole (like Thaspecial described), don't get out of your car! I rekon if some guy on a motorcycle thinks he's going to play games with me, I will have no problem running him over if he gets too close to my car intentionally. One motorcycle v. car, - motorcycle never wins. I can say this with confidence, as I've ridden a motorcycle for over 20 years. If someone thinks they are going to get aggressive with me by standing in front of my car, or parking a motorcycle in front of it and then walking up to my window, whatever is in fron of my car is going to get crunched.

2. When I'm riding my motorcycle, I don't mess with people in cars, EVER!. I drive far more defensively on a motorcycle than I do in a car. Never tailgate, never think I'm going to out-manouver a car, never weave or cut people off. That's why I've been riding for over 20 years without ever getting hit by a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: