Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:50 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yeah it's stupid that miami is on the "most" list while Orlando is on the "least" one.
Why is it stupid? Miami with it's beach & fitness culture is well known to be a city full of young attractive people from different races & cultures. Orlando is kind of mundane in that department but certainly not the 5th. most unattractive.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:59 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Why is it stupid? Miami with it's beach & fitness culture is well known to be a city full of young attractive people from different races & cultures. Orlando is kind of mundane in that department but certainly not the 5th. most unattractive.
They both have elements of that. Miami, of course has more. But it's silly to think that one of those metro areas could end up on the "best of" list while the other is on the "worst of" list.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:16 AM

47 posts, read 171,160 times
I really can not believe people are arguing about this survey. I mean, really? We are going to argue about which city is to blame? Now I know why our world is the way it is. I mean no disrespect here, I really do not, but I do not understand why there are not more post like mine and more post of which makes us the ugliest cities.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM

268 posts, read 890,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Although I think this city has no identity, I think Orlando has beautiful people from all shades. How did they come up with this conclusion?

America's Favorite Cities 2010 - Travel + Leisure
I don't agree with the survey and I also don't agree with your statement about a lack of identity for Orlando. It is a tourist destination...that is it's identity and most people living here support that economic engine.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah1979 View Post
I don't agree with the survey and I also don't agree with your statement about a lack of identity for Orlando. It is a tourist destination...that is it's identity and most people living here support that economic engine.
Agreed. Saying Orlando has no identity makes about as much sense as saying Las Vegas has no identity.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Agreed. Saying Orlando has no identity makes about as much sense as saying Las Vegas has no identity.
Both Orlando and Las Vegas have an identity. Having lived in both cities I can say they both have their own unique identities

Im a huge fan of both cities, and hope one day I can own a home in Vegas and Orlando and travel back and forth every few months

Old 11-12-2010, 11:17 AM

908 posts, read 1,829,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
They both have elements of that. Miami, of course has more. But it's silly to think that one of those metro areas could end up on the "best of" list while the other is on the "worst of" list.
It makes perfect sense. Miami is a fashion and celebrity destination, while Orlando is a family vacation destination. Which do you think is going to attract more beautiful people?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:40 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
It makes perfect sense. Miami is a fashion and celebrity destination, while Orlando is a family vacation destination. Which do you think is going to attract more beautiful people?
It makes perfect sense if you just look at a couple of stereotypical areas in each city (South Beach in Miami, and Disney/I-drive in Orlando) and assume it reflects the whole city

Old 11-18-2010, 07:40 PM

36 posts, read 99,446 times
Has anybody factored in the fact the tourists that come here??? I've only been in Florida for a few months (from LA) but I have noticed that the tourists are pretty beat. Perhaps they have taken them into consideration when calculating Orlando's good looks.

lol btw, this thread is completely ridiculous in that people are arguing over what some silly survey says. Again, my two cents

Old 11-18-2010, 07:45 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy08fox View Post
Has anybody factored in the fact the tourists that come here??? I've only been in Florida for a few months (from LA) but I have noticed that the tourists are pretty beat. Perhaps they have taken them into consideration when calculating Orlando's good looks.

lol btw, this thread is completely ridiculous in that people are arguing over what some silly survey says. Again, my two cents
Welcome to City-Data Roxy, this is what we do here . Also a big welcome to Orlando since I saw your post in the other thread. It's a great town and if we all get to the gym and salon instead of posting on this forum, then maybe we can do something about this survey!!!! Who's with me???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando