Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 PM

44 posts, read 168,153 times

Advertisements

rcnkat:

Thanks for the information. We are looking at Windemere and Celebration area. As for the question Why leaving if you are hispanic? I know the question was not directed to me, but I have a response for it.
I am hispanic, 37 years old. I have lived in Miami 36 years,
It's really about the quality of life here. Things are just too overcrowded and people are not friendly. Too much going on here. (bad things) crime,
overcrowded schools, and all sorts of stuff. I have 2 boys and we think it's time to move out of this rat race.

Take care,

Ana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 10:53 PM

44 posts, read 168,153 times
Arrow Dman420

Dman420:

Sorry, I wish I could help, but I am in the same boat. We are wanting to leave Miami also and we are looking for a nice area in central florida.
I have heard and done some research on Windermere and Dr. Phillips (these are in the Orlando/Orange county area) but they are somewhat expensive. Look into it also. I heard St. Cloud is really nice. I think there are homes in your price range there.

Sorry I was not much help.

Good Luck!

Ana M

Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 AM

40 posts, read 199,176 times
Default poinciana or saint clouds?????

hey
i just recently move to poinciana in polk county side from new york in my opinion i like poinciana more than saint cloud. saint cloud is too country for me and trashy (sorry just my opinion) the school in osceola are not that great and in polk they are not rated that great eighter but, the difference is that poinciana is a new community and new schools are being built so for now it's a little crownded, it'll get better soon. there are also building new shopping center, banks, post office, restaurants, etc.. a new mall is going to open in davenport which is 20 min from poinciana and a new theater so my point is that in poinciana things will get better. As of now you can still buy a nice home for a decent price. builder here are avatar, mercedes, maronda, kbhomes, lennar. we also have a publix, winn dixie and walmart close by. traffice in bad no matter where you go but, poinciana is building a new parkway.. there's more new construction in poinciana than in saint cloud which means that is going to be a popular place and that means houses will be value more. there's talk that poiciana will eventually become a new city. hope these info will help.

just my 2 cents.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:42 AM

442 posts, read 2,904,503 times
Wink Poinciana is not a good place !

I have lived in Poinciana now for 7yrs...and the last 3 have been the worst..i live in the "villeges" and let me tell you , you might as well stay in Miami, there is a HUGE amount of Spanish people here...and most are Puerto Ricans..which if your A Cuban they don't like to well....The Crime is getting bad, Poinciana spans across two counties ..Osceola which is very crowded and Polk which is getting crowded..Osceola county the homes are built a little bit closer together then in Polk...
The Crime is creeping in...BIG TIME.. there are alot of Young THug punks here ..and why i say that is because there is nothing for these kids to do on the weekend so they cause trouble...Two murders already this yr...by KIDS!..
The APV which is the "governing body" for the Villeges is a JOKE...the lady that runs it is a Idiot, Keeps blaming all the crime on "growing pains" .. and that was 4 urs ago when she started saying that....The area use to be nice and for the most part it WOULD be nice still if they would get their heads out of their u know whats and start planning for a "City" or a town ship.....
Now St cloud is nice but it is kind of "redneck " there...and there is not alot of spanish there..there is however a HUGE KKK following there
There are deed restrictions in Poinciana that they TRY to make people obide too.. but with over 47,000 acres to patrol by the local sheriff , you know that alot of things are let go.....
I think that because of HUGE Spanish Population here the Sheriff Neglects Poinciana...and thats why we need our own police dept...but im sure i will be moved out of here before that happens...
the Traffic is HORRID!......
Oh and they cater to the Retires that live in the Retirement Villege of Solivita!
when i looked last time there where over 1000 homes for sale in Poinciana!.. i think that should tell you somthing!
schools are way over croweded.....and about 65% non english speaking.that does'nt just mean spanish.....there are Haitians , aficans , Germans and Russians here...
there use to be a poiciana web site but thats gone now...
good luck in what ever you decided!......

Old 10-21-2006, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ67 View Post
I have lived in Poinciana now for 7yrs...and the last 3 have been the worst..i live in the "villeges" and let me tell you , you might as well stay in Miami, there is a HUGE amount of Spanish people here...and most are Puerto Ricans..which if your A Cuban they don't like to well....The Crime is getting bad, Poinciana spans across two counties ..Osceola which is very crowded and Polk which is getting crowded..Osceola county the homes are built a little bit closer together then in Polk...
The Crime is creeping in...BIG TIME.. there are alot of Young THug punks here ..and why i say that is because there is nothing for these kids to do on the weekend so they cause trouble...Two murders already this yr...by KIDS!..
The APV which is the "governing body" for the Villeges is a JOKE...the lady that runs it is a Idiot, Keeps blaming all the crime on "growing pains" .. and that was 4 urs ago when she started saying that....The area use to be nice and for the most part it WOULD be nice still if they would get their heads out of their u know whats and start planning for a "City" or a town ship.....
Now St cloud is nice but it is kind of "redneck " there...and there is not alot of spanish there..there is however a HUGE KKK following there
There are deed restrictions in Poinciana that they TRY to make people obide too.. but with over 47,000 acres to patrol by the local sheriff , you know that alot of things are let go.....
I think that because of HUGE Spanish Population here the Sheriff Neglects Poinciana...and thats why we need our own police dept...but im sure i will be moved out of here before that happens...
the Traffic is HORRID!......
Oh and they cater to the Retires that live in the Retirement Villege of Solivita!
when i looked last time there where over 1000 homes for sale in Poinciana!.. i think that should tell you somthing!
schools are way over croweded.....and about 65% non english speaking.that does'nt just mean spanish.....there are Haitians , aficans , Germans and Russians here...
there use to be a poiciana web site but thats gone now...
good luck in what ever you decided!......

You're right some schools are overcrowded and that's to be expected when you have thousands of people moving in every day. A new elementary was build this year and they are building more. You says there's 1000 homes for sale in poinciana well is true, but most are new construction in village 4,5,6,7 that investors buy and they put them in the market to make a quick buck.. Regarding the crime there's crime everywhere in Florida but i can tell we have less crime than miami or orlando. Like you said you live here 7yrs maybe you just don't like change and don't like new people to come your santuary. Poinciana in the polk side is very peaceful. The person looking to relocate should just come and take a look for themselves.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:55 PM

167 posts, read 969,232 times
LOL....I wish they catered to us in Solivita....How do u figure???? There are NO restaurants outside the pearly gates, big deal they are building a Walgreens, Wachovia, Pizza Joint, Chinese, Quinzino's....Big Whoopie...Avatar has got the entire town of Poinciana in his pocket. I will say he doesn't want any decent restaurants out here, then the Solivitians won't frequent the restaurant in the community, which he makes a bundle on..But yes, you are right on when you say the town of Poinciana is LOADED with Puerto Ricans..We feel like we are living in MIAMI proper...however, all my neighbors speak fluent English and that is why we are living here

Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,337 times
HI everyone:

My husband and I strongly thinking of relocating to the Orlando area but we are fearful of the housing prices, in the area, and the school system. We have 5 children age ranging from 2-11 years old and some with some minor special learning needs so a good school system is important to us. We are moving from the Cincinnati area where housing prices are pretty moderate. Any assistance that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tammy

Old 10-22-2006, 06:14 PM

442 posts, read 2,904,503 times
I think Poinciana use to be very nice , and With Different Management IN APV could be a nice place again...
I love where i live...mY street all my neighbors are Great and there all from Different areas.. Couple From PR, some from Africa some from China ....its not about the differnt ethnic groups its all about OVER GROWTH!.. Poinciana needs New Management....
All in all i think the homes , and the area are pretty here....I guess the Traffic is a big issue and then the schools but im sure , that eventually will get all ironed out!

Old 10-23-2006, 11:55 PM

94 posts, read 480,053 times
just out of curiousity...what is so wrong with spanish/hispanic people? ...or is it a problem just with puerto ricans? just wondering since i was reading this post and wanted to ask, since i too was looking at moving to the area, but if spanish people aren't liked, this is the same problem i have in nc and i think it's called another word that starts with an 'r' didn't know if this was the case in Kissimmee because that wouldn't be good---atleast for me it wouldn't be good.

i have looked at this one site and there are homes in Kissimmee that are being rented for as low as $800! i think that is pretty good---too bad they do not have prices like this in orlando, at least not for the cleaner part of orlando.

do any of you know realtors that are renting homes in the area at a good price?

Old 10-24-2006, 07:51 AM

There's absolutley nothing wrong with hispanics or puerto ricans, it's just that i'm finding out that here in poinciana we have some "haters" and they usually prejudge other ethics groups without giving them a chance to prove them wrong. Poiciana is very affordable and quiet neighborhood, people mine their own businness and tent to their houses. If your looking to rent Poinciana has very good rent prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando