Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 AM

7 posts, read 16,571 times

Advertisements

Okay SO I will be transfering to a Marriott in Orlando. I LOVE altamonte springs, and Oviedo. But they would be a bit of a drive to the world center resort. Is there anything within 30 -40 mins of Marriot World Center that is similar to altamonte or Oviedo So that I won't have to commute so far to work! THank you sooooo much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,509,869 times
Dr. Phillips and Windermere are wonderful areas that are much closer to your workplace.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Oviedo and Altamonte are about 30 mins away. You may be able to get to altamonte in 20 if there's no traffic.

But I agree with brink, Dr Phillips and Windemere are much closer and are also great areas to live in.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,073 times
I've to chime in here. I drive from the convention center (closer to Altamonte Springs than the world center) to Winter Park and it is a sold hour to get home in the afternoon. Even without traffic its between 40 and 50 minutes. That's way too long a commute to the world center from either Oveido or Altamonte Spgs. Keep in mind as well what a nightmare 436 in Altamonte Spgs is like. From I4/436 interchange to your home could be an additional 20 minutes. Oveido would be 45 minutes each way but then you'll be dealing with about $5 in tolls each way.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 PM

290 posts, read 688,598 times
Like those that have already commented, I agree that DP (Dr. Phillips) and WindeRmere are nice areas that are close travels to the World Center, but I wanted to narrow it down a little more for you.

Depending on how much you look to spend on a home, most of the moderately priced homes in DP will be in good neighborhoods, but what stinks is that most were built back in the 80's and have that god awful interior look to them. Same thing if you plan to rent...and if you do the townhome/condo renting thing, HOA fees are crazy in most of the neighborhoods so it could push the prices up. If you got money though, have at it.

Windermere is very nice, but you gotta have big money to live in the nice neighborhoods...I mean c'mon, Tiger Woods lived in Windermere. And steer clear of the edge of Metro West, that place is getting nastier & nastier. You'd want to look into the south side of Windermere, just north of Disney off of 535 (Winter Garden Vineland Rd). It's literally 5-10 minutes from the World Center and there are lots of homes in the area for sell. Yes, a bunch that are foreclosures and short sales, but welcome to Florida my friend, it's all over the place here.

My last recommendation would be the Hunter's Creek area. I'm sure you'll hear some say not so much, but it's not a bad area as in crime or that kind of thing. It's more so just dealing with annoying "young people" sometimes. But there are still some very nice neighborhoods in the area and a lot of moderate ones. There's a toll road, maybe $1.50 one-way, that runs straight to the World Center so your drive would be easy.

Just my thoughts.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 16,571 times
Hey, I have seen some listings with home rentals in my price range $1,300. Are these not the actual prices? Are the ones in that price range in bad areas? Should I look at certain zipcodes and avoid others? As Always thank you soo much for your help.....

Old 11-24-2010, 01:09 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Dr. Phillips Area. Even South Internnational Drive near 192. Some Nice Condos over there not too Far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando