Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 AM

8 posts, read 13,180 times

Advertisements

hi , my brother and i are moving to orlando for school we well be attending devry university in Millenia . I read some threads saying that 32839 is a bad area. I want to know if anyone knows any good apartments near devry that are safe and nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 12:40 PM

also , has anyone heard about or knows the area or anyone who lives at Northbridge apt. homes on millenia lake , esplande apartments , and fountains of millenia.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Why DeVry? What course of study?

Old 11-23-2010, 02:56 PM

i am taking up business administration with a minor in HR management i actually got accepted to other university but my father thought it would be better for my brother and i to go to the same college and my brother is taking up a technical course . I have heard a lot of good reviews about devry is it not a good school and also do you have any info on any safe and clean areas or apartments in Millenia

Old 11-24-2010, 05:49 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
I have not been to that area in a while but you might consider taking a quick trip down to look around and get a "feel" for that area before moving. I was looking over there last year and Northbridge apts. looked nice and clean. I'm not so keen on DeVry, Valencia Community College is pretty good and has a tech program too if your brother wants to consider that college too.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:03 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,073 times
I have friends that live in Heritage at Millenia, which is pretty much walking distance from that school. They haven't complained.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM

thank you totsuka & boy 3365 i have been doing my own research most of the reviews are not good , saying that the homes are run down and it not a good area and so on and i am planning on going to orlando maybe next week to look around just wanted a few ideas on where to look when i come over . the area that i live in , in my home country is very safe and very very clean so i want to get something like that seeing that i am already accustom to that type of enviroment. if anyone has any more places ideas or tips PLEASE let me know .

Old 11-24-2010, 01:08 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
First, Dont go to Devry. I actually was going there. Then I live in 32839. Dont stay in this zip code. Please. soon as I get money Im leaving. And Yes Valencia is the better school so please go there.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 PM

290 posts, read 688,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibbeangirl View Post
thank you totsuka & boy 3365 i have been doing my own research most of the reviews are not good , saying that the homes are run down and it not a good area and so on and i am planning on going to orlando maybe next week to look around just wanted a few ideas on where to look when i come over . the area that i live in , in my home country is very safe and very very clean so i want to get something like that seeing that i am already accustom to that type of enviroment. if anyone has any more places ideas or tips PLEASE let me know .
My sister actually works at Heritage on Millenia (the same complex boy mentioned), and she & her husband have lived there for probably 4-5 years now with no problems whatsoever. The apartment complex itself is very nice, as well as the 2 or 3 around it; they're all gated too.

The only problem with it, and just the "Millenia area" in general, is it's one of those areas where it's pocketed right around a not so great area. Basically if you look on google maps or something like that, you'll see there's a little area in the middle of the roads Conroy Rd, Millenia Blvd, & John Young Pkwy. That's where Heritage on Millenia and the couple other complexes are. Then there's also nice stores like Millenia Mall, IKEA, Target, Home Depot, etc. So like I said, they're all nice, but once you cross over John Young to the East, it gets into a bad area. Plus, 33rd St. jail is 2 minutes north on John Young.

But to be honest, you just have to be smart...if you're a young girl, don't go out walking by yourself late at night or something like that. I grew up in the area...Rio Grande, Texas Ave, OBT...all parts most wouldn't step into, but you just have to be smart about it. If you're looking for totally different areas that are nice through, try researching the College Park or Thornton Park areas.

Any other questions, just ask. Oh, and I'd agree that if you have other options in general, choose a school other than Devry. I think they're legit, but not the greatest necessarily.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:50 AM

I am going to Devry to continue on with my bachelors degree and the programs that i saw for Valencia are all A.A degrees. Also otown native and Iam _floridaborn ........ why do you guys think that devry isnt a good school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: