Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM

9 posts, read 17,176 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to the neighborhood and would appreciate any feed back from anyone who currently lives or has lived there. I am mainly interested in life in the neighborhood as well as the quality of the homes after a few years.

We are also considering Summerfield, Oviedo Forest, Preserve at Lake Charm, and Preserve at Black Hammock. So any input on those areas/builders would be great as well. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 12:03 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,514 times
All larger builders still in business have stepped up their quality control, also it helps when you're not rushed and can pick from a better pool of subs.

Summerfield, Sun-Tec Builders (good construction) long time family builder

Preserve at Lake Charm, Ryan Homes, Meritage Homes (good construction)

Visited these communities last month with buyers so know them well but will restrain from personal thoughts being posted.

Hope this helps,

Old 12-15-2010, 03:38 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
I hate the homes in The trails. They all look like over sized boxes with different shades of light colors. They look cheap even though they're big. I would pick Oviedo forest. The trails are far away from everything too. Oviedo forest is right on the north side of lockwood, very close to grocery stores, restaurants, hagerty high, etc.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:44 PM

228 posts, read 536,536 times
Here meet one of the residents of The Trails......

FHP: Drunk Mom Arrested At Child's School - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 AM

51 posts, read 165,311 times
Still looking myself and don't care for the Trails at all. Oviedo Forest seems decent enough but to another poster is it Hagerty or Oviedo High? I think that was Oviedo HS area. Not that it matters that much. The thing I don't like about the Snow Hill area is you have kind of a long drive to the 417. Other parts of town you can hop on pretty quickly for buzzing around.

Those two preserve communities seem kind of bland at this point. Maybe it will change but I saw a couple of ugly houses at the Preserve at Black Hammock.

Inventory in Oviedo seems blah right now, I hope some more shadow inventory is released. Oh and preserve at Black Hammock has great 417 access but any nearby grocery stores? I feel like those preserve communities are kind of tease given the location where the old-school homes are mostly 5 acres, and you get this postage stamp lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: