Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 PM

12 posts, read 71,181 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the best seafood market in Orlando. I used to live in Gainesville, Florida and there is a very nice seafood market in Gainesville, the Northwest seafood. I really enjoyed their grouper sushi. They are very honest people so they didn't sell any if what they have are not sushi quality, fresh ones. I miss the Northwest seafood and wish I could find a seafood market in Orlando as good as it. FYI, here's their website. Northwest Seafood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 05:01 PM

6 posts, read 61,980 times
Have you tried Lombardi's seafood market in Winter Park? They always have a good selection. They are located on Harmon Ave off of 17-92

Old 07-01-2007, 06:31 PM

30 posts, read 150,183 times
I know I'm going to get slammed for this but here goes -- I'm a Florida girl, grew up in Englewood, and honestly I get some of the best seafood in Publix. They get Key West shrimp, grouper, snapper, flounder...and I've never gotten any that wasn't fresh.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:28 AM

33 posts, read 192,570 times
Have you ever tried the Fresh Market off Conroy-Windermere, in Dr. Phillips. Its a cute little store, that has alot of fresh items (of course). I am also from Gaineville. How long have you been in the Orlando area?

Old 09-23-2007, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 25,517 times
Question Dungess Crabs

HEllo every one im a Boston girl who moved to florida RECENTLY. ive grown up eating dungess crabs because thats what we do up in the north east lol . i got down here and really needed some crabs found out that the only crabs florida knows about is the blue little ones. ive been searching every since and decided to look on line and came across this forum.

so does any one know where i can get the dungess crabs from or are they extinct down here? any help would be apprecieated . im almost at my lowest point. i went from eating crabs every other night to none at all.

its meeeee

thanks chayda B

Old 10-02-2007, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 25,472 times
Thumbs up Lombardi's Seafood in Winter Park, Florida

Lombardi's is the best place to buy your seafood. Their quality is outstanding. They have quite a selection of seafood to choose from. Not only that, they have a little deli side. You can order platters, pre-made items, or even sit down and have a bite to eat. Their soup is amazing! If you have questions on how to prepare anything you buy, their friendly staff are happy to share recipes. You have to try this place.
I live in North Carolina now and there is nothing like Lombardi's. Every time I visit Orlando, I make sure I bring my cooler and make a special trip to Lombardi's. Enjoy!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 PM

13 posts, read 65,237 times
Try Orlando 4 Seasons Seafood Market at 2122 w. colonial dr. They have tons of live fishes such as stripe bass, tilapia, golden crabs, blue crab...etc and a lot more. They also steam and fry fish for your convenience. Their number is 407-649-8123. But don't take my word for it. Check out for yourself....

Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 PM

135 posts, read 711,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaydaB View Post
HEllo every one im a Boston girl who moved to florida RECENTLY. ive grown up eating dungess crabs because thats what we do up in the north east lol . i got down here and really needed some crabs found out that the only crabs florida knows about is the blue little ones. ive been searching every since and decided to look on line and came across this forum.

so does any one know where i can get the dungess crabs from or are they extinct down here? any help would be apprecieated . im almost at my lowest point. i went from eating crabs every other night to none at all.

its meeeee

thanks chayda B
I've never heard of it but its probably a cold water species. Not "extinct" here, just doesn't live in our warm waters and never lived here to begin with. Its the same with lobster. Look it up on google.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM

13 posts, read 65,237 times
Dungeness crabs are from West coast. However, you can still buy it live in FL. But do you afford $15-17/lb or over $30-40/each??? I can show you where to buy... Try Golden Crab, I think they taste better than Dungeness and much cheaper (about $5.00-6.00/lb)

Old 11-30-2007, 02:22 PM

169 posts, read 655,728 times
Lombardi's is the only real Seafood Market in Orlando that sells seafood one could afford. You can go to Whole Foods or Fresh Market and get Alaskan Salmon for $25 a pound, but it is cheaper to go out to eat at that rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando