Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:42 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Gortat sucks? That is what you said.

4 pts, 5 boards and one assist per game in 14 min / game. He would easily avg a double-double every night if he played just 2 quarters of bball a night. His EFF is +8.12, which is higher than a lot of players at his position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 PM

354 posts, read 1,273,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
It doesnt matter whether this will really work.

We dont know that yet.

But Orlando HAD no choice to make this trade.

1. The Magic as constituted, before the trade, had NO CHANCE at the Heat or Celtics.

Rashard Lewis is SOFT. He doesnt rebound and his scoring is DOWN. The dude makes TOO MUCH money for such a lack of productivity. You just can't have that.

Vince Carter is SOFT. He lacks the passion. And he never did anything for the Magic.

Now, the only downside of the trade is getting rid of Gortat and Pietrus. They are great role-players. And provide great defense.

But Jason Richardson is WAY BETTER than Vince Carter. And having Hedo back with the Magic is a necessary thing because of his play making ability.

As far as Arenas, if somewhat healthy, he can provide quick scoring off the bench. And he is the ONLY player on the Magic that can create his own shot. Something that the Magic never had.

2. Orlando has to show Dwight, that they are WILLING to stay competitive. Because if they dont show him that, he WILL LEAVE like Shaq.

I know some may not like this trade, but even if the trade doesnt work, it had to be DONE.
I think its a good and interesting trade. had to be done that's for sure. I am a Celtics fan but do watch the Magic. carter was not a good fit and not clutch at all. Lewis was a softy. had to make some kind of change....

Old 12-21-2010, 03:46 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Gortat sucks? That is what you said.

4 pts, 5 boards and one assist per game in 14 min / game. He would easily avg a double-double every night if he played just 2 quarters of bball a night. His EFF is +8.12, which is higher than a lot of players at his position.
Thats stats dude. They guy does suck He was in a Van Gundy Offense. Hell Peitrus as well as Reddick improved in a Van Gundy offense too. Not that they suck but you make it seem like Goratat is sure as hell an All Star or something. i tell you what he won't start in Phoenix.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 PM

640 posts, read 1,295,410 times
Default Yeah i dont get it

Yeah I like gortat as well but he isnt an all-star type player......He is a average-good backup center..... He might not start in phoenix robin lopez probably will

The Magic had to make a trade,They were good but not good enough to win a title. Vince and Rashard both looked old and slow.....

Rashard 12.2 points a game Career low/No defense/ and just really weak play all the time.....

at least gilbert has fire and he is averaging 17 points a game.....

Vince carter good guy but he isnt a clutch player and has no heart. against boston last year in playoffs 13 points......JJ redick outplayed him!!

Vince is 33 and Rashard 31 on the downside of their careers.
J rich is 29 and gilbert is 28 the Magic should be able to get 2 years out of them

Carmelo isnt coming to Orlando and Neither is Chris Paul......So what could the magic do to get better

Getting Hedo back was also a great move......but he 31 making 10 million a year....

Otis smith took a gamble but a good one....i think the magic are a better team now....

Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 PM

I never wanted to see Carmelo come to Orlando anyway. I don't know why people don't understand we have plenty of dudes capable scoring.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
I would have liked to seee Melo come to the Magic.

I didnt say Gortat is an all-star, I said he's a great back-up for Dwight, and they should have kept him.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimewitue View Post
Yeah I like gortat as well but he isnt an all-star type player......He is a average-good backup center..... He might not start in phoenix robin lopez probably will

The Magic had to make a trade,They were good but not good enough to win a title. Vince and Rashard both looked old and slow.....

Rashard 12.2 points a game Career low/No defense/ and just really weak play all the time.....

at least gilbert has fire and he is averaging 17 points a game.....

Vince carter good guy but he isnt a clutch player and has no heart. against boston last year in playoffs 13 points......JJ redick outplayed him!!

Vince is 33 and Rashard 31 on the downside of their careers.
J rich is 29 and gilbert is 28 the Magic should be able to get 2 years out of them

Carmelo isnt coming to Orlando and Neither is Chris Paul......So what could the magic do to get better

Getting Hedo back was also a great move......but he 31 making 10 million a year....

Otis smith took a gamble but a good one....i think the magic are a better team now....

The Team Got Younger And More Talent. Far More Talent. After A While This Group Will Jell Together. Dwight Has Been Having Monster Nights Thanks To The Spreading OF The Floor Now And The Vibrant New Players We Have. He Now Knows Gortat is Gone so his POsition IS Far More Secure That Being Said He Is Working Extra Hard and Its Good Too See That Now.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:37 AM

570 posts, read 1,153,278 times
Thank God we traded away that worthless, aging Vince Carter. Turk is one of the most underrated players in the league. Skeptical about Arenas, but he can score all day.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
Despite the loss we looked ALOT better last night than our first game against the Hawks. Players don't look completely comfortable yet, but they looked game. As soon as we start clickin watch out EAST.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:51 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Despite the loss we looked ALOT better last night than our first game against the Hawks. Players don't look completely comfortable yet, but they looked game. As soon as we start clickin watch out EAST.
Maybe a practice together would help. Since the trade the Magic have played 2 games together, and completed 0 practices. I think you're right, once they click, look out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando