Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 AM

41 posts, read 58,439 times

Advertisements

I have been researching different areas and Lake Mary came up as being a safe/affordable city. A job is not an issue since I am self employed. There seems to be a lot of homes for rent which is what I am looking for and I am wondering why? How is the living compared to South FL? I know winters are cooler but are summers the same? Is this city close to shops and overall safe? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,018,299 times
Shops are chain in Lake Mary, restaurants are very good though. Area is very safe.
Activities and nightlife are limited without a decent drive.
It is not at all like PBC, Broward, or Dade. Different lifestyle, different demographics, different chains and restaurants

Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 AM

12,626 posts, read 31,846,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki1 View Post
I have been researching different areas and Lake Mary came up as being a safe/affordable city. A job is not an issue since I am self employed. There seems to be a lot of homes for rent which is what I am looking for and I am wondering why? How is the living compared to South FL? I know winters are cooler but are summers the same? Is this city close to shops and overall safe? Thank you
Lake Mary is very safe. It is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. We have everything within 6 miles, but most things within 2miles. We are 40 minutes from the beach, 40 minutes from Disney and 20 minutes from downtown Orlando. There are many rentals no matter where you look, it's just the housing market. I think it's an excellent choice. Do you have kids? What do you like to do for fun so maybe I can point you in the right direction?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Thank you both. I just called a gentleman who had a home for rent in Egrets Landing in Lake Mary but he told me there are trains by the home. That will not work for me cause I am so noise sensitive. Do trains run go along most of Lake Mary? I will never get used to it. Can anyone suggest some communities that may not be near them that I could search for rental homes?
I don't have kids just a single lady.I am very low key just like to see movies,shop,go out to eat.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Thank you both. I just called a gentleman who had a home for rent in Egrets Landing in Lake Mary but he told me there are trains by the home. That will not work for me cause I am so noise sensitive. Do trains run go along most of Lake Mary? I will never get used to it. Can anyone suggest some communities that may not be near them that I could search for rental homes?
I don't have kids just a single lady.I am very low key just like to see movies,shop,go out to eat.
The train tracks are by Egrets Landing, but there are plenty other neighborhoods away from the tracks. What price range are you looking for? House or condo? What size?

As for all the things you listed, we have it all here.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Thank you. I would rather have a home rental but if not I guess a townhouse. Around 1300 but it is not fixed if I really like something. The size can be small since it is just for myself as long as it is is clean and somewhat updated.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I would rather have a home rental but if not I guess a townhouse. Around 1300 but it is not fixed if I really like something. The size can be small since it is just for myself as long as it is is clean and somewhat updated.
In that price range, I'm sure you'll find something. Try the Crossings in Lake Mary. There is Lakewood, Lakewood Shores, Highlands, Brandermill, Sheiffield, Greenwood Lakes, Hundington Point, Osprey Landing, The Reserves and more.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
How soon are you moving here?

Old 12-31-2010, 07:25 AM

I am going to come stay in the area for a few days to see what it is like. Just trying to figure out between Carolinas and FL. Thank you again for all your help.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 PM

142 posts, read 313,759 times
Becky,

The homes that I'm looking at in Lake Mary fit into 2 clusters:
One group is located south of W. Lake Mary Blvd., between Lake Emma Road and Longwood Lake Mary Road.
The second cluster is just south of County Road 46A, between Rinehart Road and Country Club Road.

Is one area preferable to the other? or are both communities 'safe', and preference is a matter of personal taste?

Both locations look very nice, but Group 2 appears closer to shopping.

I just need to know that I "can't go wrong" with either location.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando