Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 8,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtin View Post
I actually prefer the landscaped feel of Wekiva Springs over anything but my husband needs to fly back to DC once a month and that would be a nasty commute to get to the airport and back at OIA. Plus its a much "older" feeling place as far as houses being older and residents as well. . ..we are active, young and have 2 kids under the age of 4 so we want to be amongst people of the same place in life

My husband is flying into Orlando on Wednesday to do some house hunting, or really just figure out if he likes Lake Mary or Oviedo/Winter Springs

Cant wait to get to the warm sunny beach! Its currently 40-something here and windy
I would definitely recommend something in the Longwood/Winter Springs/Lake Mary/Casselberry areas.

You might check and see if he can fly in/out of Sanford International. It's a much smaller airport, less crowded and you can breeze in and out of there if you are dropping him off. On top of that, it's a 15 minute drive tops from this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM

812 posts, read 1,666,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTLD92Z View Post
I would definitely recommend something in the Longwood/Winter Springs/Lake Mary/Casselberry areas.

You might check and see if he can fly in/out of Sanford International. It's a much smaller airport, less crowded and you can breeze in and out of there if you are dropping him off. On top of that, it's a 15 minute drive tops from this area.
No one serves that segment You have to do MCO/DCA or: do
SFB/TYS/DCA using two airlines

Orlando Sanford International Airport - Our Airlines

Old 04-17-2011, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 5,332 times
I grew up in Oviedo. Class of '97 from OHS. Live in the Winter Park area right now but I will be wanting to move back to Oviedo when I start a family. Still a great area. Pretty much same area as it was when we were in school. Just don't move to the Black Hammock. Too many bugs and constant power outages. Snakes, Gators, roaches. Still wouldn't want to live by Jackson Heights. I've heard Alafaya Woods has gone down hill a bit, but it is still majority middle class homeowners. One big thing that has changed is the number of college students living in Alafaya Woods/Stillwater/off Lockwood. That's what happens when you live next to the 2nd largest college in the nation.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM

80 posts, read 230,236 times
moving next week!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:41 PM

Just an update for those following this thread. We moved to Winding Hollow in Winter Springs over Memorial Day. Lovin the warm weather and the pool in our backyard. So far, so good!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,788,533 times
I know exactly where that is.

Good luck on your new adventure. The 4th of July fireworks show in the park near where you are (City of Winter Springs) is a good time too. I've gone there 3 times now.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:38 PM

4 posts, read 7,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtin View Post
I found an AWESOME deal in Oviedo for $169k with 10/10 schools zoned.
Hello xtin, where did you find such a deal? I am looking for something just like that

Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 AM

MovedfromFL, we actually watched that fireworks show from our driveway! Benefits of living across from Central Winds Park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando