Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
...Were tourists picking some of these places? Sweet Tomatoes and Bahama Breeze?!

Oh well, I'm glad some of my favorites made the list, including Yellow Dog Eats, Dandelion Communitea Cafe and The Old Spanish Sugar Mill.
I LOVE Sweet Tomatoes. Yes, it is a bit overpriced and crowded and... But it's the healthiest meal out I can think of in Altamonte springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 04:58 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
I LOVE Sweet Tomatoes. Yes, it is a bit overpriced and crowded and... But it's the healthiest meal out I can think of in Altamonte springs.
You are kidding, right? Carbs, carbs, and more carbs. Lot's of saturated fats, minimal protiens. No portion control. (I will give you that they do have a lot of fresh veggies, but most are laden in high fat dressings or sauces.) The healthiest place to eat in Altamonte is Seasons 52. Period.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You are kidding, right? Carbs, carbs, and more carbs. Lot's of saturated fats, minimal protiens. No portion control. (I will give you that they do have a lot of fresh veggies, but most are laden in high fat dressings or sauces.) The healthiest place to eat in Altamonte is Seasons 52. Period.
Do you have kids?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Do you have kids?
I have a child, but he's no longer a kid. What's your point?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I have a child, but he's no longer a kid. What's your point?
While you may very well be right about the quality. The impression I get is that Seasons 52 is not the type of place you take your kids two once or twice a week. Especially when they aren't teens yet.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
While you may very well be right about the quality. The impression I get is that Seasons 52 is not the type of place you take your kids two once or twice a week. Especially when they aren't teens yet.
OK, so if you are qualifying Sweet Tomatoes as "the healthiest family restaurant" I'd agree it's a toss up between there and Crispers, although you still don't get enough protein and too many fats at either of them to qualify them as truly healthy.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:21 AM

167 posts, read 409,571 times
Fats are healthy, carbs are not. But that's for a different thread.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
Fats are healthy, carbs are not. But that's for a different thread.
Given your logic, a McDonalds hamburger (without the roll) is healthy.

Certain fats are healthy. Most are not.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 AM

167 posts, read 409,571 times
Well it gets a little deeper than that, but i'm talking about Omega 3 fatty acids, etc. Yes. Even that hamburger without the roll at mcd's is healthier than the roll. It's all about how much insulin is spiked from sugars, bad carbs, etc. ALL of your carbs should come from nutrient dense fruits/vegetables.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
Well it gets a little deeper than that, but i'm talking about Omega 3 fatty acids, etc. Yes. Even that hamburger without the roll at mcd's is healthier than the roll. It's all about how much insulin is spiked from sugars, bad carbs, etc. ALL of your carbs should come from nutrient dense fruits/vegetables.
I agree with you. I'm never going to say I don't eat "bad carbs" because I do, but I try to do so in moderation. My diet is primarily lean meats, vegatables (dark leafy greens, broccoli, carrots), dairy (skim milk, yogurt, some cheese, eggs) whole grains when I have them (I do like oatmeal for breakfast now and then), and "good fats" like olive oil.

It's how I keep a size six figure. I'm 5'6. Not many in my age range can boast being only one size larger than they were in high school--due to gravity spreading my bones out. My BMI is the same as it was 30-some years ago. It's not that I'm naturally thin, I work at it by maintaining a healthy diet, portion control, and excercise.

That said, right now I'm sipping on a mimosa, have an egg casserole in the oven, and I'm nibbling on an 1100 calorie decadent muffin. You have to live sometimes! And if it takes a day off my life, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando