U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM

5 posts, read 27,219 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to relocate to Orlando for school and this was one of the better apartment complexes that I found during my search. From what I've read, apparently Metro West had a crime problem and anything near the Mall of the Millenias area is damn near forbidden. Please let me know because I don't want to mess up and get myself an apartment in the wrong area of Orlando.

Thanks.

Last edited by mdapaah; 07-22-2007 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Added more information.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 AM

33 posts, read 93,105 times
Park Central is a gated community in a questionable part of town, nail salon, chicken spot but I would not want to live there.....good luck

Old 07-22-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida04 View Post
Park Central is a gated community in a questionable part of town, nail salon, chicken spot but I would not want to live there.....good luck
Haven't made up my mind as of yet, but it was up there on my list. Another place was in Metro West, but when the leasing agent gave me a newsletter illustrating that Metro West was no longer the crime hub that it was believed to be, I kind of nixed that one.

Do you know of any "nice" areas with apartment complexes (not homes; not ready to purchase as of yet)?

I'd even be willing to live in a smaller outlying town or city and commute to Orlando everyday (as long as it's not an hour each way).

Old 07-22-2007, 02:24 PM

13 posts, read 50,650 times
I used to live in Park Central and I don't recommend it. The location is the worst thing about it...right next to the prison and close to the bad part of OBT. I felt safe in the complex but I didn't enjoy grocery shopping or pumping gas. Drive about 20 minutes down John Young from Park Central and you will be in Hunter's Creek...much better.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:32 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,534,622 times
You might want to check out Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters and see what people are saying about the place. It may not be 100% accurate but you can get an idea.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alezu View Post
I used to live in Park Central and I don't recommend it. The location is the worst thing about it...right next to the prison and close to the bad part of OBT. I felt safe in the complex but I didn't enjoy grocery shopping or pumping gas. Drive about 20 minutes down John Young from Park Central and you will be in Hunter's Creek...much better.
Any aparmtent complexes in Hunter's Creek that you could recommend? Thanks.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:54 PM

105 posts, read 524,371 times
If your going to school at UCF there is no point in living on that side of town. East Orlando, Waterford Lakes is right by school and is a pretty nice area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: