Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM

7 posts, read 33,022 times

Advertisements

Hoping someone can be of some help. I am looking for a good attorney for a first time application for Social Security Disability.

I realize that most get denied the first time around, though I have heard that on occasion, some are approved first time around with a good attorney. (some as quick as 6 months)

If you know of someone, please let me know who I should go with or at least contact for a consultation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 08:06 PM

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am in great need of some help.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM

Bumping to the top.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp2011 View Post
Bumping to the top.
Did you contact the group I told you about in the PM I sent?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 PM

15 posts, read 20,826 times
Ummm can i ask you why do you need a attrny ??? to fill out this app ??? is there some thing you dont understand ??? , honey , you dont need an attrny to fill out a SS dis app ..... soooo not nessacary . first of all what is your disability ??? did you know that the SS office has a list of "qualifying" disabilities ? and if you dont meet that requirment is the reason you will be turned down ??? well i have just went through this my self .......and you do not need an attrny ......dont waste your money .....go to your nearest SS office n ask to speak to a rep n they will do your app for you .....i did and they helped me out just fine . and it was FREE no laywer is gonna do that for you ......soo please take my advice i just went through it and it worked out fine . sorry i didnt see your post earlier .

Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyristynia View Post
Ummm can i ask you why do you need a attrny ??? to fill out this app ??? is there some thing you dont understand ??? , honey , you dont need an attrny to fill out a SS dis app ..... soooo not nessacary . first of all what is your disability ??? did you know that the SS office has a list of "qualifying" disabilities ? and if you dont meet that requirment is the reason you will be turned down ??? well i have just went through this my self .......and you do not need an attrny ......dont waste your money .....go to your nearest SS office n ask to speak to a rep n they will do your app for you .....i did and they helped me out just fine . and it was FREE no laywer is gonna do that for you ......soo please take my advice i just went through it and it worked out fine . sorry i didnt see your post earlier .
Actually it is a good idea and it makes it more likely that you will get through the process in less than 3 or 4 years before you lose your house like many applicants do while waiting for help. There is a maximum that attorneys are allowed to charge for the process so it is not a huge amount to pay.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM

354 posts, read 1,272,952 times
My relative got his by going directly. SS asked for some things and it took over 6 months but in the end didn't need an attorney.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
An attorney will tell you to go ahead and apply on your own. Then if you are turned down, you have so many days to appeal. That is when you want to retain an attorney. Morgan and Morgan has a very dedicated team of people to help you do that. I believe SS pays their fees, not you. Your money is sent directly to you and their money is sent to them. I am sure there are other attorneys in town that do that, but I only know about them.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Thanks so much for the replies, sorry I haven't been online. I realize each person has their own experience. A former coworker of mine insisted that I get an attorney to save myself a denial or 2.
They say usually everyone is turned down on the 1st attempt. Sometimes even the 2nd time.
I don't mind paying the attorney fee in hopes of getting approved the first time around. Besides, I just don't have it in me to do it.

Just was hoping for first hand information on someone who had an attorney who took about 6 months or under with an approval first time around.

Thank you again for the advice.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDisability View Post
Hello, I'm from Orlando and it took me over a yaer and two denials for me to finally hire a Social Security Disability attorney. Once I had my lawyer, he made sure that I had all the proper medical documentation, and made sure my doctors had provided me recommendations to present to the administrative law judge. After a quick google search I went to and was connected with an attorney---learned a bunch about the SSDI process.

The process is grueling....One thing my husband found was that every time you contact SS on your own the case worker changes and then it is like you are starting over again. The attorney took charge and got results where my husband would be just on hold on his own. Seemed like the case worker at the time would ask for paperwork and then there would be a new case worker who had never seen the paperwork the next time you contacted them who would ask for the same forms again, only to have a new case worker...... and the circle continued until he got a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando