Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 11,273 times

Advertisements

I just got back from a 3 week trip to Florida. I am a Canadian looking to possibly purchase a house or condo in Florida. I am single,male, 51 years old.
I like to keep to myself. Also enjoy lakes and the Ocean. I toured around the Orlando Kissimmee area alot. Went east to Melbourne. The place I felt the most comfortable in was St. Cloud. I just got a good feeling about it. Picked up a few real estate books and places seem reasonable. Is there anything I should know about it ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:20 PM

14 posts, read 43,057 times
Saint Cloud is a nice area with reasonable home prices as well. You have picked a great time to buy in Florida prices are ROCK BOTTOM! If you want some more ideas.. did you take a look at Lake county? I am also Canadian, when I moved down to Florida we moved to Clermont, Florida. Love it here!! We have some really nice lakes here as well.. Chain of Lakes. In our area you can purchase homes for as little as .20 - .45 cents on the dollar all day long. It is wonderful here you will love it. Happy House Hunting!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,273 times
thank you for the reply. I will check out Lake County.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM

174 posts, read 455,067 times
We had a purchase that fell through in St. Cloud and I'm glad it did. IMO, there is nothing out there to do. Like if you want to go to a really nice restaurant or even a movie. The other reason we're glad it fell through is it is not inter-racial couple friendly. A lot of people there still think whites should be with whites, etc. We wouldn't have fit in there at all. We saw more trucks there with confederate flags on them then we did in the Va mountains....

Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 5,159 times
Default St Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocrobb View Post
I just got back from a 3 week trip to Florida. I am a Canadian looking to possibly purchase a house or condo in Florida. I am single,male, 51 years old.
I like to keep to myself. Also enjoy lakes and the Ocean. I toured around the Orlando Kissimmee area alot. Went east to Melbourne. The place I felt the most comfortable in was St. Cloud. I just got a good feeling about it. Picked up a few real estate books and places seem reasonable. Is there anything I should know about it ???
I used to live in Brevard and I moved to St Cloud. I love it close to beach not crowded plenty of day to day shopping stores and 30 min to downtown via turnpike.
I think you will like it if you are going to buy now is a good time to buy a house prices have bottomed. Good luck
Dale

Old 05-22-2011, 02:53 PM

28 posts, read 67,284 times
I think the prices in St Cloud are much more reasonable than closer to Orlando areas. I'm looking closer to Disney area and I 4 (quicker shot to ocean and gulf).

Good luck!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,699 times
I just moved here about 11 months ago. I love it here, a good mixture of people. Very friendy and a nice place to live. It is central to everything, North to Orlando, East and West to the ocean.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,763 times
Hello! My husband and I are considering moving to Saint Cloud or Clermont. Saint Cloud is at the top of our list because of the A rated schools. We have 2 children. However, I have been reading that there are a lot of racist people in Saint Cloud. This concerns me because I am white and my husband is Puerto Rican. He is often mistaken as black, because he is dark skinned. We want to get out of NJ, and we love Central Florida. However, I would never want to put my family in harm's way. I would really appreciate some advice, especially from Saint Cloud residents. Are racism and crime really issues in Saint Cloud, or merely rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
Florida has a big selection of places to live so don't buy for a year at least and just rent.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:52 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALeeGS View Post
Hello! My husband and I are considering moving to Saint Cloud or Clermont. Saint Cloud is at the top of our list because of the A rated schools. We have 2 children. However, I have been reading that there are a lot of racist people in Saint Cloud. This concerns me because I am white and my husband is Puerto Rican. He is often mistaken as black, because he is dark skinned. We want to get out of NJ, and we love Central Florida. However, I would never want to put my family in harm's way. I would really appreciate some advice, especially from Saint Cloud residents. Are racism and crime really issues in Saint Cloud, or merely rumors?
Well St Cloud itself is pretty much white, But right next door is Kissimmee, and that place has more Puerto Rican then you'll ever see. For you I would suggest Clermont the schools out there are better, and it is a very diverse area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando