Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:56 PM

13 posts, read 24,055 times

Advertisements

My neighborhood here in SC is one of the biggest for the children in the area. Gated communties are not common here. Our community is in the price range of 200,000 to 320,00. Sotherefore there is no way to prevent it. We do have a ton of additional traffic. My neighbor next door makes his front yard a haunted house. And has had 50 kids just on his lawn at once. People park on the curbs and walk no biggie. We are all aware of the dangers but everyone respects each other. I am sure one day someone will come and mess up the party. But untill that day we will enjoy. The kids that come from other areas really enjoy it. Everybody is in the spirit and enjoys it. We have a neighborhood contest for both holidays. I guess it's just our "southern" hospitality. We aren't very close to anyone in our neighborhood. But this time of year everyone is always more friendly. Didn't mean to offend you. I was simply commenting that the OP seemed to be looking for a decor friendly neighborhood to MOVE to. I didn't read the part where they were looking for all of the others available. For that my sincerest apologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,905,725 times
I still think it's a strange question. When contemplating a move, I can think of many reasons to look for a neighborhood -one that is safe, friendly, well-lit, parks, playgrounds, sports teams for the kids, but a penchant for holiday decorating is a new one on me. Has nothing to do with being grumpy. Just not something you hear every day.

And yes, annerk, I'd be annoyed by overwhelming traffic jams in my normally quiet neighborhood. But when residents decorate to the extent that it becomes a tourist destination, said residents have gone too far. And since you live in a gated community, (I don't), I have to wonder at the 200 drivers who didn't get the concept of "gated".

Aprilw1982, I'm happy for y'all that y'all just get along, but that doesn't mean that y'all are the only ones. And does it not seem just a tick strange that anyone would base their move on the number of jack o'lanterns or plastic santas on the block?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:52 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,124,980 times
I have a friend who lives in Riverside in 32766 off 419 and his neighborhood was very decorated for Halloween. I wanted to go back and see what it looked like in December but never made it.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM

39 posts, read 134,405 times
It isn't a strange question at all. If you come from a neighborhood that decorates for the holidays, giving you a small-town sense of community and fun for the children, then you would like to continue doing that as a family. And if it's important to you, the time to ask that question is BEFORE you look for a home, not AFTER. Like anything else. And as far as "selling all your decorations" to give to a homeless shelter, if YOU would like to do that, have at it. But some of us decorate at Halloween and Christmas AND give to worthy causes. It's a personal choice. The children in our neighborhood ALL enjoy our decorations. It isn't just for US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando