Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 AM

812 posts, read 1,675,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
Then your friend is misinformed. ORMC and Arnold/Winnie Palmer Hospitals are quasi-public hospital system. They have nothing to do with Florida Hospital and/or the 7th Day Adventist church. In fact, I would say that ORMC and FL Hospital are probably the 2 biggest rivals in healthcare in Central FL.
I think I didn't make my post clear.... Sorry about that...

The quote with my ORMC reply was meant to 'correct' the poster I quoted. Then I went back to the original subject of FH. Sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Would the KKK be allowed to own and operate a not-for-profit health care system in order to extend their beliefs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact they would.
Somehow I very highly doubt that, which is part of my point. Religious organizations IMO are given far more latitude than need be and the separation of church and state has become quite thin.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 AM

385 posts, read 1,403,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Somehow I very highly doubt that, which is part of my point. Religious organizations IMO are given far more latitude than need be and the separation of church and state has become quite thin.
Local and state governments would almost surely attempt to block the KKK from operating a hospital, but past attempts by state and local governments to but such restrictions on the KKK have all been overturned by the Supreme Court. So, if the KKK decided for some bizarre reason they wanted to operate a hospital as a propaganda tool, there is little or no doubt that they would be allowed to do it as long as they could afford to fight it up to the Supreme Court (or at least the local U. S. District Court). They wouldn't necessarily even have to have the money themselves, the ACLU has funded past KKK lawsuits for equal access. I don't see this happening though, since they would be required to be non-discriminatory in hiring for non-idealogical positions. I'm pretty sure the KKK prefers to restrict themselves to operations where all positions are idealogical.

Current case law suggests that forbidding a non-profit religious hospital from propagandizing would be more of an assault on separation of church and state than allowing it would be.

-Harry

Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM

70 posts, read 149,480 times
Florida Hospital is owned by a religious organization!!! Although I don't agree with some Adventist teachings I fully respect their right to believe and to run their organization as they desire. The Hospital is not for profit and has a higher purpose.

You are not forced to work at Florida Hospital. If you don't like Florida Hospital DON'T WORK THERE get a job somewhere else!!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM

812 posts, read 1,675,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerPA View Post
If you don't like Florida Hospital DON'T WORK THERE get a job somewhere else!!!!
This is a good theory, and may very well be practicable. I know I haven't knowingly applied to them and am optimistic I won't have too. That being said though, they are a LARGE part of the community, and I am sure it's dissapointing to some that what would otherwise be a convienent employer, isn't because they own it.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 AM

70 posts, read 149,480 times
TedTLPN nursing is one of the few fields where you have many choices to work because nurses are still needed and will be. We were able to move from PA and had many job offers in several states.

I am extremely grateful that when so many people are losing their jobs, Florida Hospital is giving bonuses to their employees.

Don't get me wrong we are on the 5 year plan and are considering other optiions in a couple years like possibly moving to Houston which is great for nurses. Hopefully then the housing market is a bit better and we won't lose too much if we sell then also after 5 years one is vested into the retirement program and will get half match of our contributions up to 4%.

Working nights at Florida Hospital there is a nice differencial, they sent out letters that they are considering changing this which we are concerned about because these differencials are about a 3rd of the pay. That is why it is good to also be working per dem at Orlando Regional. Also as you know the VA hospital should be starting soon.

I hope you find a hospital you are happy with=)

Old 04-20-2011, 02:22 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
Orlando Regional?

Orlando Health is the name of the chain. Orlando Regional Medical Center, Winnie Palmer, Dr. Phillips Hospital, etc are part of it.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 17,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honest nurse View Post
I worked for Florida Hospital for many years.It was not the most pleasant situation at times. We were basically forced to pray before receiving report,to a God that many of us did not believe in.When questioned they said you are working for a christian facility and we can do whatever we please with the praying.Even the patients are forced to hear their propaganda over the PA system.There needs to be a lawsuit filed against this cult. I did call EEOC and they said what they are doing is against the law,and if someone filed a complaint they would investigate. Thats how you stop such nonsense,it's not religion anyhow, it's a form of control.Controlling populations with religion is not new.Florida Hospital(Adventist Health Care) is very good at it.Funny,you see so many off the wall things happen there and they are swept under a rug,so to speak.Employees are threatened with their jobs if they divulge certain information about wrongful deaths etc. Beware of their care.
Honest Nurse. Things you have mentioned about being threatened with your job if you report or question wrongful deaths is interesting because there is a lawsuit pending since 2009 with Florida hospital aka Adventist Health where a risk manager for their most of their facilities, even out of State and in State has been served with an injunction in the Orlando clerk of court (public website to search civil cases)

The risk manager for Florida Hospital in Orlando has counter sued the Hospital in same filing as a whistle blower. The details and coverage surrounding the issue is shocking.

You can watch the details at u tube and there is a website to read the court documents barb clark dot org. To see for yourself, its shocking.

The risk manager in Orlando who worked for Florida Hospital 6 years got a requisition through the fax on a patient. The patient had been given an injection and had a reaction to it and in distress mentally. I assume he was left unattended because he was able to escape in his distress and ran to the parking garage and jumped off the building killing himself ( obviously on Fl hospital property and under their care and watch)

The risk manager got the requisition and logged it as usual, with a time of death and cause stamped and logged.

Hours later, a new requisition came through for this same patient, but it had a NEW account number and it was a form that stated the patient signed out AMA ( against medical advice) and the time stamped was hours AFTER the patient had already killed themselves.

The risk manager KNOWING this had to be some mistake, because a dead man can not sign one self out AMA brought this to the attention of her manager.

The manager became angry with the risk manager and told the risk manager to do as told in the job, which was to delete the prior log from the system, the computer system where adverse events are stored.

The risk manager realized they had been doing things of this nature for many years, not with just this patient but many patients, babies deaths, medical errors, employee complaints on on levels to include workers compensation matters, discrimination complaints of employees and much more.

The risk manager was being told all these years to alter or delete certain instances and was told to do so because they were duplicates or errors.

This was Fl hospitals way of deleting adverse events that would be costly in a lawsuit, if there was NO record, or the record was altered it would save the hospital huge legal fees and lawsuits of course. This is 100% illegal and evil, obviously and a gross injustice to the public at large.

The risk manager contacted the FBI was wire tapped during the investigation, which is still ongoing sealed and confidential as to the evidence found so far.

The risk manager during this time of FBI investigation as whistle blower had her home attempted to be broke into twice, then shortly after, had a gun shot 5 feet from her head into her home, then accelerants put on her car and it set on fire, the investigation by the police can be seen on u tube.

The risk manager was fired for no cause and has had to move out of Florida in fear for safety.

The injunction filed against the risk manager by Florida Hospital is to stop this information from leaking, but being this is a matter the public needs to know about, they should not get the injunction to cover this up and so the counter suit against Fl Hospital by the whistle blower is still pending in the courts.

There is all information on the barb clark site showing all the legal filings and details.

There have been Judges recused from the case as it was found certain Judges have a conflict of interest in the case with Florida Hospital. They are a 30 billion dollar corp and they cover such a large % of health care and there is so much of a buddy system, if you can call it that the risk manager is scared further for their rights and safety.

Each Judge they have put on the case is shown to have a severe conflict of interest in the case. Scary, is it not?

Then there is the lawsuit of Lawrence Destefano, that too can be seen on u tube and a website with full details type that name above in google along with health care retaliation.

Lawrence Destefano won a multi million dollar lawsuit against Fl Hospital, the nurses made medical errors in the care of his elderly mother and he had it documented on paper and signed by a nurse.

The UPPERS got wind of this and demanded Destefano give them the signed paper back, when he refused they set him up in a scene and tales only seen in fictional movies. They altered his mothers medical chart and added after charting and accused him of molesting and sodomizing his own mother, as well as had him arrested.

Lawrence Destefano was devestated, he picketed outside the hospital 7 days a week 8 hours a day once released, screaming his innocense.

Forensics proved they set him up for these vile acts they accused him of on his own mother. During the trial they even had him baker acted at one point, it is so very sad.

Destefano after 8 years or more won his lawsuit against them and was awarded millions for his suffering.

In my opinion no amount of money could resolve this, there should have been jail time served for all involved.

The same is true with the risk managers case above.

How there is not people arrested and serving jail time right now is a mystery, except this 30 billion dollar company has a lot of inside help, what else could be said for such illegal, vile acts going on with no arrests?

These are just some of the cases, there are more horrid cases and acts, but these are public knowledge. what has gone on no one knows about, scary, is it not?

These mentioned above are not similar to my complaint, but handled in a similar fashion on some levels and I wanted to point these things out for Honest Nurse.

Money, Pwoer and Greed. The root of all evil. As seen in the examples above.

Watch your BACK. I am watching mine, and not happy having to live this way, its criminal.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM

I should have added, since there was so much talk about the religious organization this is.

Does this seem that this Hospital is a house of GOD?

One instance that can be looked up online that occurred at Florida Hospital as well, involving a young child and that died where many spoke out on the case, mentioned the figure of Jesus that was seen at Florida Hospital in Orlando on a window and many flocked to see this miracle had another answer for the figure that miraculously appeared on the glass window.

The explanation was the figure of Jesus Christ with a tear streaming down the face was not there as a blessing for the organization, but a figure of Gods son Jesus, placed there by God with a tear streaming down Jesus face because Jesus is actually WEEPING because of the DEPLORABLE ACTS that go on inside their hospitals and yet they are marketed as a spiritual organization in the name of GOD.

After learning what I have first hand and other cases, I do believe Jesus is weeping over these acts.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerPA View Post
Florida Hospital is owned by a religious organization!!!

That is quite shocking isn't it. The acts that continue to ensue there and inside a religious organization

Although I don't agree with some Adventist teachings I fully respect their right to believe and to run their organization as they desire.

I agree, however, running the organization as they have is questionable, to say the least! In the name of GOD of course, so very sad.

The Hospital is not for profit and has a higher purpose.

Florida hospital is not for profit on PAPER with the Federal Government, who incidentally affords them Government funding and their status as a not for profit; due to offering charitable care. What about Rodney Vega, the son of one of the hospitals ministers employed at Florida hospital. when little 5 year old Rodney Vega needed surgery to remove a brain tumor and the father who was employed as a Minister on their campus had no health insurance Florida Hospital demanded 20k up front to treat their employed's dying son.

Rodney Vegas dad did not have 20k, but ORMC saved the day, or tried to. After learning of Rodney Vegas plight, they offered to remove the brain tumor from the 5 year old for FREE, and they are NOT a not for profit, yet the not for profit Florida Hospital is and would not help their own employed minister?

Seriously?

Rodney Vega ended up passing away after the brain tumor was removed, however, who knows if he would have survived had the tumor been removed in a timely fashion.

Doctors don't perform surgery if there is NO CHANCE, especially for free, so at the time of initial diagnosis and Florida Hospital refusing to treat unless 20k up front, till the time ORMC offered charitable care, even though they are a for profit facility, perhaps Rodney could have been saved.

When Florida hospital learned ORMC was oerforming the surgery for free and the story got out, Florida Hospital offered an apology and a free cruize for the family. REALLY? A cruize is going to make up for the gross neglect of a not for profit hospital who is suppoed to offer charitable care and the needy was their very own employed minister.

Can you see why the other tragidies spoke of prior here and this as well led tot he comment of the murial of Christ that arose mysteriously at the South campus with a tear streaming down Jesus face led people to state that the TEAR on Jesus face was that Jesus was actually crying at the deplorabe acts that have gone on inside their campuses!

Further, the Hospital being not for profit, begs the question.......

Why is a not for profit religious organization that crams the mission of christ down all throats so worried about the bottom line all the time. It is the CEO' Admin and other upper managements main concern, taking top priority over the CARE of patients and employees. If the profit is not an aspect, why is there so much profit? Why do the upper's make millions a year in salary, not to include their bonuses.

Its real simple. This organization is operating in Jesus Christ name, but Jesus is crying over the deplorable acts that go on within.

You are not forced to work at Florida Hospital. If you don't like Florida Hospital DON'T WORK THERE get a job somewhere else!!!!

That is GREAT advice, go else where, and save yourself the misery and heartache
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: