Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris14 View Post
Ross. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I found a very nice, formal dress for $30. Originally $150...
I was going to mention Ross too. They have some really nice gowns for great prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoTroi View Post
Exactly If it doesn't fit right I need to be able to return it and you can't return on most ebay items. No matter how cheap I am, which I'm trying to be cause this night is going to be expensive, I need to be able to return it if it doesn't fit

Cache is too expensive. I'm looking to spend as little as possible cause I'm probably only going to wear this gown this one time. The party is on April 9th so I'm going to have to start hitting the thrift stores to see if something comes in. I'll also have to start checking out Ross.

This is a black tie event and hubby's company is reimbursing him for his tux rental. I want a floor legnth gown to cover my tattoos that I have on my lower legs. Plus he said everyone at the event dresses really up for this event. I also think it would be cool to get that dressed up

If my wedding gown didn't have a long train, I'd wear that again lol.
That's the fun of it.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM

174 posts, read 454,877 times
I am back from my 1st shopping excursion

We went to Goodwill in Winter Garden first. They had a small rack but I managed to pick out 8 gowns. The first one fit and that was actually the only one that did. I thought the tag said $9.99 but it was $59.99, $150 NWT. So I got it in case I didn't find something else and if I did, it can be returned.

We then went to A Bella Boutique, which had 2 really nice gowns on the 70% off rack. The first was too tight and the 2nd, even though I LOVED IT, had burn marks at the bottom of it She said she didn't see those, otherwise it wouldn't have been on the rack. I have to say I was heart broken about the 2nd because I liked it and it was only $15.

We then headed over to Cida's and that place is IMO wayyyyyy over-priced. I tried on 2 there but neither one fit and even if they did, I don't think I could have spent the $$ they were asking.

We then went over to Consignment Fun in WG and she only had a few gowns out, none of which were my size. She told us about the location in Altamonte Springs and we headed there. I tried on about 10 and was done, thinking I would keep looking but use my Goodwill back up. As we're walking out my BFF finds a gown on the sale rack. I go back, try it on and although it's a little snug, it's nothing either losing 5 pounds or a good girdle won't cure That one was only $25

So I will show them to hubby tonight and see what he says. I'm going to keep looking but this time staying closer to home Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it

Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I am back from my 1st shopping excursion

We went to Goodwill in Winter Garden first. They had a small rack but I managed to pick out 8 gowns. The first one fit and that was actually the only one that did. I thought the tag said $9.99 but it was $59.99, $150 NWT. So I got it in case I didn't find something else and if I did, it can be returned.

We then went to A Bella Boutique, which had 2 really nice gowns on the 70% off rack. The first was too tight and the 2nd, even though I LOVED IT, had burn marks at the bottom of it She said she didn't see those, otherwise it wouldn't have been on the rack. I have to say I was heart broken about the 2nd because I liked it and it was only $15.

We then headed over to Cida's and that place is IMO wayyyyyy over-priced. I tried on 2 there but neither one fit and even if they did, I don't think I could have spent the $$ they were asking.

We then went over to Consignment Fun in WG and she only had a few gowns out, none of which were my size. She told us about the location in Altamonte Springs and we headed there. I tried on about 10 and was done, thinking I would keep looking but use my Goodwill back up. As we're walking out my BFF finds a gown on the sale rack. I go back, try it on and although it's a little snug, it's nothing either losing 5 pounds or a good girdle won't cure That one was only $25

So I will show them to hubby tonight and see what he says. I'm going to keep looking but this time staying closer to home Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it
Awesome!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Hubby likes the second one that was $25 so I'm taking back the $60 GW dress

Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Quote:
Hubby likes the second one that was $25 so I'm taking back the $60 GW dress

Great hunting! Thanks for the update!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:56 AM

So when I got the dress at GW yesterday the lady said I could bring it back and actually take it to any GW in the area. Welllllll, I go to the GW on OBT & Sand Lake this morning and they wouldn't take it Telling me that they only do exchanges and I had to go back to WG to return it. So I get in the car, head up there and am ready for whatever they throw at me about not wanting to take it back.

The lady that checked me out yesterday was there and I told her hubby didn't like it and she asks if I want my money back. I tell her yes and she says ok, let me get a manager. She comes out, $$ back on credit card no problem I then tell her what happened and she tells me they are wrong, that any GW should take back any item from any location as long as it has the tags attached. She told me she'd call down there and speak to the manager and let them know. Go get em LOL

My new mission now is to find shoes. I went back to Bella Boutique to see what they had but there wasn't anything in my size. I saw some in a Bealls outlet but wasn't sure if they'd go with the dress or not. I have a few weeks though so I'm good on them, but don't want to wait too long.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:28 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
For shoes, you could try Off-Broadway Shoes, DSW, or Nordstrom Rack by the Mall at Millenia

Old 07-20-2016, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 281 times
Hey, my name is Yolanda Baez and im selling a la femme evening gown totally new. I will take it to your home if you are absolutely sure you want it. It is size 2 but can fit if you are a 4. if you want you can send me your email address and I will send pictures to you. I'll wait for your reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando