Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM

26 posts, read 71,421 times

Advertisements

Ichiban downtown is good I think, probably my 2nd fave.
Fusion in Citywalk is awful. I love Citywalk but they need a "real" sushi place.
All of the habatchi grills/japanese steak houses I've tried have good sushi, but because it's not their focus they have a limited menu of rolls.
Bikkuri I just tried last week - takeout - and it was good also but I didn't think it was anything above standard.
Everyone I know raves about Amura, and I keep meaning to go there and just haven't yet.
Shari in Thornton Park is delish, but every time I go there it takes an hour to get my food! So only go there if you're going "out" and want the meal to be an event. Neat place though.

Bottom line: If I had to pick just one, my vote is for Seito Sushi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,316,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
WA on Turkey Lake and Bento's on Sand Lake.
WA was a bit overpriced IMO. Bentos is OK if you are looking for fast/express sushi, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best quality around.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:37 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,146,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
WA was a bit overpriced IMO. Bentos is OK if you are looking for fast/express sushi, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best quality around.
Wa is closed now!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 AM
grant516

n/a posts
i'll throw in the vote for fuji sushi of winter park. wow!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,479,595 times
WA closed!!!?!?!?!? Figures, there is not much business in that area. Although a little pricey, I thought the sushi was some of the best.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 AM

58 posts, read 163,191 times
I am, admittedly, not a sushi eater....but we have lunch almost every Sunday at New Peking in Casselberry. My son loves the sushi there.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,146,482 times
I tried Sushi Lola's this weekend. It is also decent, but the dining area is very small. The service is very good. I thought they were a little too attentive, but my fiancee enjoyed the attention. The rolls were very fresh and inventive though.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Careful, careful. The tuna you are about to spread wasabi on may be an impostor: florida fish fraud: Mislabeled fish fraud - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Careful, careful. The tuna you are about to spread wasabi on may be an impostor: florida fish fraud: Mislabeled fish fraud - OrlandoSentinel.com
As someone who has experience working in sushi restaurants here a little inside tip. Sushi restaurants that serve real tuna usually buy a whole frozen tuna and filet it themselves while others buy frozen tuna in blocks (likely the mislabeled fish). The easiest way to tell the difference is by looking at the sushi inside the sushi case. If it has deep red appearance, almost like beef, and looks as if it was cut by hand (odd shape, hand cut lines) than it's real tuna. If it's bright red, almost like a cherry tomato, and has a perfect brick shape it is pre cut frozen tuna and could be the fake stuff. The taste is not as noticeable in spicy tuna rolls because of the spicy seasoning but if you order sushi or sashimi real tuna has a much more bold flavor. Happy eating.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM

640 posts, read 3,074,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
Seito Sushi in Baldwin Park, Dr Phillips, or Celebration.
Fuji Sushi in Winter Park.
Shin downtown.
Shari, Thornton Park.
Amura (Downtown, DR Phillips, Lake Mary).
Sushi House by the Florida Mall.
Bayridge Sushi, Longwood.
Bikkuri (especially good for takeout).
Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney (Dine In preferably).
These are the ones I have tried and like ^^

Kobe also has decent sushi, but it is a limited selection.
There are some places in town that get good reviews, but I have yet to try them:

Kimonos
Dragonfly
Funky Monkey (I have heard the I Drive location has better sushi).
Sushi Lola's

Places that I did not like as much:

Origami Sushi
Tokyo Japanese Grill (S Semoran)
Fusion in Citiwalk (should have known better LOL)
Ichiban (Downtown)
Wazzabi (Winter Park)

We loved Wazzabi!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando