Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ugly streets make for ugly women and children
Based on that post, you are vastly overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 02:30 PM

621 posts, read 2,217,804 times
Just stumbled upon this thread... I have to agree with the overall reaction to your "hotness" question... The talent in FL (central or south) is WAY better than out west (LA) or in the NE (NY, etc)--I visit both areas often. Using a dating as a barometer for talent is like using a compass to measure the outside temperature.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathamburger View Post
Hi,

I am still strongly considering relocating to Orlando to start a video game company. The city seems to have everything I need business wise, schools to recruit from i.e. DAVE school, Full Sail, and FIEA to hire from, low cost of living, beautiful all round weather and walkable/convenient areas. However the one gotcha is that when I do look at sites like POF and OkCupid, just finding someone somewhat attractive is an "OMG" moment. I also found another article that said that even the Magic cheerleaders aren't hot at all.

My other choices are San Diego and LA. Hotness is not 100% the factor but still.. pickings seem to be very slim. While Miami is nearby, it doesnt strike as a place where the women are particularly nerd friendly lol. San Diego would otherwise be the best compromise but lacks Orlando's film/video game focus.

This is pretty much the only dealbreaker factor, otherwise from an entrepreneurial pt of view, Orlando is a slam dunk. I will visit in August or as soon as I can, but until then, what do you guys think? lol
Girls in Orlando are fairly nerd friendly. Im a nerd and I had a few dats with some cute girls

There are many "total knockouts" in Orlando for sure. Unfortunately these women do not usually hang with the most....how should I say this...classy guys. As in many cities, the good looking women usually wont go for you unless you either have a fat bank account or a criminal record

Some of the best looking women I have seen in Orlando were at the "Fiebres" which are illegal late LATE night street racing events held along south OBT between the FL Mall and Hunters Creek. Not the most svaory of characters at those things, but the women...OMG. But they arent my type unless Im looking for something quick, and even then its impossible. I usually go for the "cute" girl next door type personally, which Orlando has PLENTY of. Even mroe so a lot of these "cute" girl types are nerd friendly.

There is not a shortage of good looking women in Orlando by any means, but there is a HUGE HUGE HUGE shortage of AVAILABLE single women. Just remember this as a rule for dating in Orlando, if she is a 5 or above, its almost guaranteed she's taken, and if she's not, it wont be for long

I think you'll be ok. You'll find the right girl in Orlando when she comes along

Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Orlando girls unattractive? Umm, definitely not.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:44 AM

69 posts, read 174,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
I think you are not looking for an intelligent fact based conversation.

Agreed. The OP is obvously a jerk looking to stir up trouble. and who the hell moves to a place just for "hot looking date". When I chose to move to this city the very last thing on my mind was "do hot men live here". And it is men like you that I would steer clear away from, I would rather live in the woods!
PS to the OP if you are looking to start a company in gaming, start doing research on the demand of gaming products not who's hot and who's not!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierk View Post
I think you have a very misinformed view of the female population in and around Orlando. I see many very very attractive women in this city.

Regarding the magic cheerleaders, a co-worker is dating one of the cheerleaders and I've met her and if you saw her you'd probably follow her around like a little puppy dog with stars in your eyes. She is definitely a fantastic looking woman, plus she's very down to earth and friendly too so go figure. You shouldn't try to get the feel of a city/metro based on some small group of women you might possibly one day meet. Women of all kinds are beautiful, period.

Just looked up a picture of the magic cheerleaders Im sure they are sweet and have great personalities but compared to the miami dolphins cheerleaders they all look like women pushing 35 pretending to be 25....do all orlando women look older than their age? I am from sofla, only been to orlando for epcot and disney, never really saw any 10s in orlando while SoBe is sprinkled with 9's and 10's but I never lived in orlando so ...

[url=http://youtu.be/FIfbghHdG1s]Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae - YouTube[/url]

Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Girls in Orlando are fairly nerd friendly. Im a nerd and I had a few dats with some cute girls

There are many "total knockouts" in Orlando for sure. Unfortunately these women do not usually hang with the most....how should I say this...classy guys. As in many cities, the good looking women usually wont go for you unless you either have a fat bank account or a criminal record

Some of the best looking women I have seen in Orlando were at the "Fiebres" which are illegal late LATE night street racing events held along south OBT between the FL Mall and Hunters Creek. Not the most svaory of characters at those things, but the women...OMG. But they arent my type unless Im looking for something quick, and even then its impossible. I usually go for the "cute" girl next door type personally, which Orlando has PLENTY of. Even mroe so a lot of these "cute" girl types are nerd friendly.

There is not a shortage of good looking women in Orlando by any means, but there is a HUGE HUGE HUGE shortage of AVAILABLE single women. Just remember this as a rule for dating in Orlando, if she is a 5 or above, its almost guaranteed she's taken, and if she's not, it wont be for long

I think you'll be ok. You'll find the right girl in Orlando when she comes along
You sound like the type of person who would have a double heart attack if you ever visited SoBe and saw the next level women miami produces

Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,507,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometomiami1000 View Post
Just looked up a picture of the magic cheerleaders Im sure they are sweet and have great personalities but compared to the miami dolphins cheerleaders they all look like women pushing 35 pretending to be 25....do all orlando women look older than their age? I am from sofla, only been to orlando for epcot and disney, never really saw any 10s in orlando while SoBe is sprinkled with 9's and 10's but I never lived in orlando so ...

Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae - YouTube
You do realize that most of the girls at Disney are tourists, right?

But besides that... women are women, no matter where you go. Of course not all Orlando women look older than their age. How can that be true of all women just based on where they live??

Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometomiami1000 View Post
You sound like the type of person who would have a double heart attack if you ever visited SoBe and saw the next level women miami produces
Yup, lots of plastic surgery to go along with it. And personalities to match.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Yup, lots of plastic surgery to go along with it. And personalities to match.
More plastic = less personality

At least most women in Orlando have REAL figures and nice natural curves unlike Vegas and LA. Its nice to be in a city with real women and women who AREN'T in the adult entertainment industry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando