Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,094 times

Advertisements

I am from the tampa bay area. does anyone have an opinion on the pros and cons of living in the ocoee area? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 AM

388 posts, read 790,496 times
Ocoee is a pretty big town with different areas. They range from very nice to undesirable. There are some older homes and plenty of new developments, but I feel a lot of people steer clear of Ocoee because of it's proximity to Pine Hills, though most the rest of Ocoee is fairly nice.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,913 times
I don't know if I would categorize Ocoee as a big town, less than 60,000 for sure. Its mainly a suburb of Orlando, a lot of people commute for work. Its probably the top 5 towns in Orange county (I believe Orlando, Apopka and maybe Winter Park are larger). There are definitely good and bad part parts, but not too bad. Although the closer north and east you go, the worse it gets.

Ocoee doesn't really have a downtown, I think next-door Winter Garden has much nicer downtown with activities. But Ocoee has its own HS now, a mall/shopping, Walmart and is easy commute to the city.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 PM

13 posts, read 94,025 times
Try in westyn bay, it's a nice newer area with good deals and a great shopping center, my team member in our real estate group lives there and loves it, she's lived in two different homes in the neighborhood. It's guard gated, as well, which is always a great feature!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc79 View Post
I am from the tampa bay area. does anyone have an opinion on the pros and cons of living in the ocoee area? thanks
I've been living in Ocoee for 6 years. I love it. Winter garden is nice as well, a bit more money but it is nice. I've been in Westyn Bay 4 of those years.

To get an idea of whats around ocoee you can check out [url=http://www.takeinocoee.com]Ocoee Restaurants, Ocoee Entertainment, Ocoee Services, Ocoee Events - Take In Ocoee[/url]

Theres some good places to eat... tamboras, twisty treat etc
[url=http://www.takeinocoee.com/ocoee/restaurants]Ocoee Restaurants, reviews, menus, specials, discounts[/url]

As far as things to do, i love there parks and there is laser tag, but just depends on what your looking to do.... good kid programs if you have kids.
[url=http://www.takeinocoee.com/ocoee/entertainment]Ocoee Entertainment[/url]

Old 05-10-2011, 02:54 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Ocoee can be so so, its proximity to Pine Hills isn't a plus for sure, and the West Oaks Mall had been going downhill for awhile before I moved to Las Vegas

If you've got your eye on west Orange County I would look around the newer parts of Winter Garden, like around Fowler Grove where the Winter Garden Village shopping center is. Its very beautiful out there and is mostly new homes (2005-2008 construction)

If you were to commute from either Ocoee or Winter Garden to Downtown Orlando for work, you wont run into much traffic on the 408 for sure. There is also only one toll booth near Kirkman Road, which I believe is 75 cents (did they raise tolls) But much of the traffic into downtown comes in from either the north along I-4 from Winter Park, Maitland and Altamonte, or from the east around Conway, East Orlando and Waterford Lakes

The west side of the 408 is always a breeze and you'll enjoy seeing the green rolling hills between the turnpike and Kirkman Road
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando