Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,206 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving to Orlando later this year for a change of scenery. I need a safe but cheap apartment, studio or 1 bedroom in the $500 - $600 range. I'll be living alone with no friends or family in the area so I'm trying to figure out a good area/ apartment complex to look into...any suggestions? I'm also hoping to get a job at the boarding facility @ Disney world so the closer to that the better. Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 03:48 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Just a suggestion, as a young single female who doesn't know anyone here, you should really consider getting into a roommate situation. Not only will you be able to get much more bang for your buck but you will be able to meet people quicker and most importantly, it's much safer (assuming your roommates aren't psycho). There are man apartments in the UCF area and I believe a few in the Tourist corridor that will help you find roommates and also sign separate leases. Best of Luck.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,206 times
You're very right about it being more safe, but I'm so sick of roommates, and I just don't think I could live with someone I don't know. How about just some names of nice apartment complexes? I'll worry about the price later

Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
In that price range you'll want to stay out of Orlando proper and focus on the suburbs for safer places to live. Check out Winter Park in northern Orange County. The complexes of The Andover, Winter Park Village (most recommended) and Nob Hill are good bets within your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: