Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 AM

56 posts, read 314,165 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking at apartments in Orlando and narrowed it down to 2. One is located on Westwood Blvd near Seaworld, the other one is located on Windhover Drive which is right behind Universal and close to Turkey Lake Rd.

Can anyone give me any recommendations for which area to go for? Westwood seems ok, I'm not sure about that Windhover area. And just wanted to get some input on the areas.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
If you are talking about the Vinnings on Westwood i deliver pizza there and it is really quite and safe there

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM

On Westwood its Monterey Lake but I also looked into the Vinnings so thanks.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM

Another apartment I am considering is Andover Place on Lake Heritage Circle with zipcode 32839. I guess it's close to Florida Mall and Millenia Mall. Still an ok area or better not?

I went and checked out all these (and above mentionned) apartments last week and the areas seemed ok, but that was during the day.

Westwood Blvd area has my preference but they are also the more expensive ones. So now I am wondering if that has a reason LOL

Old 08-08-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABlue View Post
On Westwood its Monterey Lake but I also looked into the Vinnings so thanks.

I dont like Monterey lakes that much....I deliver there too....it seems there are more young beer drinking people that live there. Alot of times when i deliver there i get to the door and about 3 or 4 guys that look like they have been drinking alot are inside the apartments and the radio is blasted and its like 11:30-12:00 at night......i think alot of people in those apartments like to party. I like to party sometimes to but it sucks when you live next door and youre trying to sleep. I always see these lowrider trucks coming out of there and some of those cars with that annoying sound that all the teens like to put on thier cars......Doesnt seem like they are criminal types but just loud people that are part of a younger crowd ......it isnt a terrible area it just has a dirtier feel to it compared to all the other places out here....good luck though

Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 PM

Actually last year we were thinking about moving to Andover Place...they are nice looking apartments but the neighborhood around there isnt the safest area......Texas Ave. and Rio Grande is kinda ghetto

Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Rent.com: Search Results

I just put this link up for a reference just incase, but i would choose Montery Lakes over any of those places near Americana blvd, Texas ave., or Rio Grande .........the neighborhoods over in that area are not full blown ghetto but there are alot of elements of it around there

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 08-08-2007 at 09:46 PM..

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it's either Monterey then or the Vinnings or maybe Portofino (near Universal). Just not sure about the area near Universal. I guess it's better than the area near Andover Place though.

Thanks also for the heads up regarding Monterey Lake and parties etc. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 AM

If The Vinnings is a possibility i would definatly choose that one if you are looking for somewhere safe and nice and close to things....if i was you next time i was down in the area checking out either place i would go during the night time and you will see the vibe of both places and it would make it more clear ......... im not saying Monterey Lakes is a haven for crime or anything it just has a different vibe kinda hard to explain unless you go through on your own at night....but who knows maybe you like the younger crowd and dont mind a little party going on in your building once in a while.....im sure the people i have seen on deliveries there arent a representation of "all" the people that live there but it is just nice to know that some of those type of people do live there.....Well in the Vinnings i deliver there alot too and mostly its couples in thier 30's or single guys in thier 30's and 40's or older mothers with thier 25 year old sons........its not a party vibe going on there its just a normal quite apartment complex.........but only about half amile from Monterey Lakes ......it is a really safe area in all.....i live up the road actually near the Convention Center in a new development and i love this whole area...its quite enough if you need that where you live then if you want some noise or fun that is close by and all the attractions and 3 movie theatres are within 5 miles of the whole area......please dont look into the Rio Grande Area.....it might not be the worst area for someone from a big city like L.A. or even if youve lived in a real ghetto before but it is ghetto over in the area starting from John Young Parkway going east over until Orange Blossom trail.......once you get past Mall of Millinia about a mile or so it turns kinda ghetto....Well sorry to restate all this just dont think That area is the most comfortable area to be in

Old 08-09-2007, 10:50 AM

Thanks. I'm definitely taking your advice to heart. I'm staying away from the Rio Grande area. What new development do you live in if I may ask?

I lived at Monterey before, which is why I looked at it and even back then there were a lot of parties. I happened to live in a more quiet building so it did not bother me as much, but yeah if you happen to live next door to a partier...I'm too attached to my night rest for that I guess LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando