Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,678 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy a house in Orlando area. Our budget is about 180,000. There are only 3 of us in the family so we don't mind a smaller home but we obviously want something nicer. We are pre-approved so that does give us some additional buying power. I am here trying to get your advice on how to get the best deal out there. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisa View Post
My husband and I are looking to buy a house in Orlando area. Our budget is about 180,000. There are only 3 of us in the family so we don't mind a smaller home but we obviously want something nicer. We are pre-approved so that does give us some additional buying power. I am here trying to get your advice on how to get the best deal out there. Thanks
I would suggest looking into homes that are listed around 200K - that will give you better options and better neighborhoods - then give them an offer at your budget price. We just bought a house around the same price and did it that way and it worked out great! Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions. My realtor and mortgage broker were amazing, so let me know if you would like there information.

(BTW, my house is not in the ghetto for that price either).

Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,383 times
i agree with cmj_fla too! it just depends what you are looking for, (family neighborhood, school district) and where in orlando you will be working so you can be within a reasonable distance for drive times. congratulations!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:58 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,403 times
Houses in my area are going for $150K to around $165K and that's a good thing for me.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:33 PM

25 posts, read 65,686 times
Go with an agent or buy owner, there are some very nice homes for sale maybe in your price range, but remember you want a place nice, you don't want to stay in a neigborhood that people are selling drug on every corner, and much more, the price may be good, but what about the neigborhood, I know where a new home is at where the home comes with a 2005 toyota car, and much more look at Apopka 441 / 208 area close to everything also I think the price is $214

Old 01-14-2008, 05:09 PM

17 posts, read 101,736 times
When you come to Orlando, ask about Parramore or Holden Heights which is located in west downtown. If you want a nice house or a condo, try Pine Hills. But if you want to live next to the attractions, I would prefer Tangelo Park.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,813 times
Default Realtors info

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
I would suggest looking into homes that are listed around 200K - that will give you better options and better neighborhoods - then give them an offer at your budget price. We just bought a house around the same price and did it that way and it worked out great! Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions. My realtor and mortgage broker were amazing, so let me know if you would like there information.

(BTW, my house is not in the ghetto for that price either).
Could you send me info on your realtors because I will be looking for a house in Orlando next week

Old 11-14-2008, 06:59 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,393 times
The market has changed ALOT over the past year. If you were looking in the same price range as the posters above you can find much more for your $ in several great area's of orlando.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,462,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rum View Post
When you come to Orlando, ask about Parramore or Holden Heights which is located in west downtown. If you want a nice house or a condo, try Pine Hills. But if you want to live next to the attractions, I would prefer Tangelo Park.
Are you serious? You have got to be kiddding! Parramore is the downtown ghetto! And Pine hills is a very bad area. Parramore is great if you like to buy drugs on the street and maybe pick up a hooker.

Look around the eastern end of Orlando. Specifically Avalon Park, Waterford Lakes, Eastwood, or even in Oveido. The housing market has crashed in Orlando and people cant give away houses. You can find a brand new townhouse for $180 that was going for $250k a couple years ago. Its definetly a buyers market.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 AM

17 posts, read 41,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
The market has changed ALOT over the past year. If you were looking in the same price range as the posters above you can find much more for your $ in several great area's of orlando.
We had looked at new houses in oviedo 5 years ago. Santa Barbara 5 bedroom was the style for 240,000. What would they be going for now? Taxes must be a lot higher on them.

Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando