U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 AM

15 posts, read 55,635 times

Advertisements

does anyone know what exactly they are and why they only fly into your face and chest near sidewalk or grassy areas. its brutal as it makes me not want to ride my bike. i literally have o ride into oncoming traffic to avoid them. they started in june. th are extremely tiny and do not seem to leave a bite or anything. (they are not the no-see-ums near a beach or lake area) they are like suicide bombers of bugs as they literally die on impact. i had like a hundred on my chest while riding.

any help!!?? or chem free options. thank u so much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 02:32 PM

4,167 posts, read 8,712,554 times
They're either love bugs or knats. The best way to avoid it, is well, avoid them if you can them, if not, I usually run with a bandana or t-shirt covering my nose and mouth and always wear sunglasses. I look like I just robbed a bank but I rely on my running shorts and empty pockets to plead my innocence. Joking aside, there are no sprays or repellants that work. They seem to just flock to anything with body heat.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 PM

15 posts, read 55,635 times
i guess they r just gnats because th elovebugs r more so seen when driving and even then i can tell because they are bigger and u kno they have the whole 2 head to one body type of deal lol

these gnats are a trip you are so right as i only feel them after they have suicided flying onto my face yet never see them.. it must be a body heat thing

crazy part is i used mytanktop to cover my nose an dmouth and can u believe a oncoming driver gave ME the finger.... as if my clothing or coverage offended him.. pl r quite strange. i think many ppl forget wat its like to run or bike and not be in their tanks excuse me cars lol

anyone else have insight. i appreciate it crane's rooster.... i thought i was th eonly one dealing with it

Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 PM

117 posts, read 197,056 times
It seems like they get worse each season (twice a year). I go out of my way to rinse off my bumper after any highway driving. They will bake right through your paint!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando