Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,821,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantingthesun View Post
hi can anyone help me please myself, partner and two young kids 6 and 3 are hoping to move to a area in and around kissimmee my dad has a appartment in celebration we can rent till we find somewhere. we want to move for a better life and would love a quiet area with a good school to send our children could anyone point me in the direction of a nice quiet area please????i dnt no many towns around there and want 2 stay away from crime!
You aren't going to find good schools in Kissimmee.

Try Hunters Creek. Close enough and a much safer area with better schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 5,701 times
So it's not the ghetto anymore, if you livivng off section 8? times really have changed???

Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,364 times
Default kissimmee info

Good day does anyone knows about this new complex Verano Apts
2200 Villa Verano way zip 34744 is this area safe does it get flooded??
thank you

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 AM

8 posts, read 11,316 times
Default Moving to Kissimmee Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme-Fatal View Post
Nikotroi

Are you only saying to stay away from Kissimmee because of the "not so great" schools? The longest I plan to live in Kissimmee is a year, and then I want to buy a house near Lake Nona.
How did it go? Did you ever move there? I also have section 8 and want to move there. I don't know about Orlando, Florida. I looked on the website and it seems like they don't treat people good there. Let me know what happened and how it went for you. I'm puerto rican too.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
This is to all who are bashing Kissimmee area. I move to Kissimmee 11 years ago from the Bronx, NY. I do agree with the poor school system...But, that also depends on the individual and how you raise your Kids. I have four boys 1 graduated from gateway and another getting ready to graduate this year. His is a honor student got a full scholarship and ready for college. I am a one income family, own a home in a centralize area in Kissimmee right off Michigan Ave and thank god never had a problem. My area is a mix of all colors PR, Black and white etc. I think you make the are yourself.....Now I would NOT live in Poniciana or a apartment complex. I am Puerto Rican born and raise in NYC in a middle class area. But I would never associate myself with the Puerto Rico from the Island they are very ghetto........For the record again Kissimmee has a lot of good area and people, just make it your own..

Old 03-11-2015, 02:17 PM

536 posts, read 846,173 times
One of the nicest communities in Kissimmee is Bellalago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPgvzkJFXA

A new 3 story - 5 bedroom - 5.5 bathrooms - 4 car garage - almost 6,000 sq ft home, on the waterfront, with direct boating access to Lake Toho, recently closed escrow for $738,697.

This 4566 sq ft home pictured below, also on the waterfront in Bellalago, recently closed escrow at $498,400.

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 03-11-2015 at 03:46 PM..

Old 03-11-2015, 03:56 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,772,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post

A new 3 story - 5 bedroom - 5.5 bathrooms - 4 car garage - almost 6,000 sq ft home, on the waterfront, with direct boating access to Lake Toho, recently closed escrow for $738,697.

This 4566 sq ft home pictured below, also on the waterfront in Bellalago, recently closed escrow at $498,400.
nice

Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,166,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post

How are the schools out in Bellalago Harry ?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:11 PM

536 posts, read 846,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How are the schools out in Bellalago Harry ?
Some of my neighbors send their kids to Bellalago Academy & Liberty. They seem to be happy with it, & their kids seem to be relatively intelligent & polite.

Another neighbor has a son in Valencia College. I've heard pretty good reviews, & Valencia College is about to break ground on another campus adjacent to Bellalago, soon.

Some other neighbors home school their kids. They seem to be happy, too.

Other neighbors bought 2nd homes here for family vacations, & future retirement. They're very happy with the community.

Many Bellalago owners are empty nesters, like my wife & I.

We bought here for the beautiful waterfront homes with excellent prices. We love it.

Given the proximity to open water, we don't see too many starter families with toddlers.

Bellalago is more of a move up community for mature owners.

Either way, I don't hear anybody in my neighborhood complaining about the schools.

It's pretty much only an issue for you & a couple others on this forum, leftee.

Thankfully, I don't expect you'll be moving here any time soon.

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 03-11-2015 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-11-2015, 07:54 PM

24,325 posts, read 26,716,110 times
lol ruh roh! I smell trouble brewing in the air lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando