Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM

18 posts, read 90,163 times

Advertisements

We finally took the plunge and sold our house. We should be in contract by the end of this week or next week.

We will be having a house built in Heritage Hills which should be completed by Feb/March of 2012.

We need a place to live from mid Sept until the house is completed in Feb/March.

Most of the rentals I found on-line seem to be either a minimum of a year or a snowbird special at a very high rate.

A 55+ community would be perfect but not necessary. We estimated spending $1,000 - 1,200 per month. Do you think this is about right for a 2 bedroom in the Clermont area.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks...........Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:03 PM

35 posts, read 80,602 times
You might want to try craigslist under the temporary housing. I have always been a little nervous about ever responding to an add there but I finally did a few weeks ago for a 5 month rental. Someone needed to sublease their home. It worked out great! You can also try posting your own ad there. Good luck.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
A few things...

In the city limits of Clermont which is most of the 34711 zip code you can't rent for under seven months.

It will be difficult to find a 2BR house, most are three and up. There are several apartment complexes, but most will require a year lease or have a steep up-charge for the shorter lease. You should be able to find something in your price range, although probably not in a 55+ community. Keep in mind that in this area, tenants pay all utilities including water, so add that to your budget.

Cagan's Crossings, the Vistas at Lost Lake, The Gardens at Citrus Tower, and Grand View all have apartments with a seven month term in your price range. The Vistas are the nicest but also the priciest.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the response.

I took a look at The Vistas website and it looks like a nice clean place.

However I would prefer not to pay for 7 months when I only need probably 5 and 6 at the most.

How far from Clermont would we have to move to find a 5 month rental? Any suggestions?

We selected Clermont because that is where we will have a house built and we could watch over the construction. Would we be better off looking north of Clermont maybe in Leesburg?

Thanks for responding..............Bob

Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM

You'll find that a number of municipalities in the greater Orlando area have the same restrictions on leases and require seven months. As I said, if you go towards the south end of Clermont you'll avoid the rental period limits.

And by the way, almost everyone I know has had their construction period go longer than the builder originally gives them--anything from a week or two to over a year.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the info.

Could you please provide some nice communities or apartments in south Clermont that you know seem nice that I could lookup on the web.

Thanks............Bob

Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 AM

There's only one apartment community you'd be interested in: Cagans Crossing. They have a seven month minimum lease.

Your best bet is probably to rent a "vacation home." Often owners will give a break on a long term rental. There are some condo complexes zoned for short term in the 34714 zip as well as in Kissimmee and Davenport that might fit into your price range and rental period needs. Check out vrbo.com.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:39 PM

I took your advice and found a place in Kissimee that is short term and provides what we need.

My concern is the area. It is in Kissimmee right off 192 4 miles from WDW. I have read many negative things about Kissimmee in this forum especially about it being unsafe and I was wondering if I should avoid Kissimmee.

What are your thoughts?......Bob

Old 07-24-2011, 01:17 PM

Eh, I'm not a fan, but if the community you are in seems OK and well managed and there aren't a bunch of foreclosures/empty homes you should be OK for the sort term. If you have kids, bad, bad mistake, terrible schools.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM

The name of the place is Sweetwater Club in Kissimmee and all I know is it is 4 miles from WDW off of 192.

My sons are grown so it is just my wife and I for probably 3 months.

I started a separate tread since I thought my current question might get buried in my original tread.

Thanks for responding..........Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando