Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 AM

12,626 posts, read 31,963,195 times

Advertisements

Who has it and how is it in this area? My cell phone bill for AT&T is expensive and it doesn't even include texting or internet. I'm trying to find an unlimited plan for 2 phones that is reasonable in price and service. Any other suggestions are welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 06:40 AM

91 posts, read 214,048 times
I had Metro PCS for awhile. It was pretty good. Never had a problem with reception except for a short "bald spot" along I-4 between Orlando and Lakeland. Although if you travel to areas where they don't have coverage, it is a REAL pain. For roaming you have to call in and set it up. If you get home and don't call and cancel roaming, you'll be charged roaming fees even though you're in your home service area. That's why I switched to Boost CDMA. (Uses the Sprint Network) If you don't leave Orlando or only travel to TPA, JAX, MIA it's fine and they have a great phone selection. But beware, if you have to go into the store for service/account issues, it will take a l-o-n-g time. Be sure to evaluate what your need, if any, for a data plan will be. That can easily throw a wrench into the works.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 AM

429 posts, read 1,101,590 times
Wife and I switched to Sprint PCS family plan in October last year and we've been pleasantly surprised with the service and price.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 AM

433 posts, read 1,226,171 times
I have used MetroPCS for 2 years now.

Some areas the signals go in and out (maybe my phone, but live near Wekiva and service is spotty at my house)

Good deal at $ 84.00 per month for wife and I.

I would pay $10 a month more if I found better signals with unlimited, but haven't yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando