Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I too have no problems with the supply and demand aspect except that it's an artificial demand created by the 3 month ratings spike WDBO saw as a result of non-stop Casey coverage. The highest rated talk programming in the Orlando market is the left of center or simply non-political stuff you hear on WTKS 104.1 (Real Radio) and NPR (WMFE).

While I enjoy living in a swing state which means you get the best and worst of both sides, talkers like Boortz and Hannity are anti-gay marriage which to me equals hate
. Sorry, there is no room in my opinion for that kind of garbage on the airwaves in Central Fl. And by the way, in terms of national politics, Orange & Osceola county go blue and therefore would seem to lean left rather than right.

Thanks for your reply though, I just was saddened to hear about the changes.
They are entitled to their opinions, just as you are. If you don't want to listen to them, change the station. IMO, the current left-leaning prez needs to be replaced.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
They are entitled to their opinions, just as you are. If you don't want to listen to them, change the station. IMO, the current left-leaning prez needs to be replaced.
Excuse me, but are you equating their opinion of opposing equal rights for gay citizens with me or anybody else having a differing opinion?? Yes, they do have a right to shout their bigotry from the rooftops, I guess, but you better believe I and others who believe in equal rights are gonna shout as loud as we can against it. If RW talk radio simply discussed political issues like it should, then I'd welcome the diversity of opinion. Nobody has to sit idol and just change the station when hate is being broadcast over the airwaves under the guise of conservative family values.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
Give me examples of "hate." Are you jacka$$es going to vote for O'Bungles again? ARE you paying ANY attention to what's going on out there regardless of politics? This idiot just isn't working out.
At least he repealed DADT and is working on DOMA. How does that make you feel? Oh and where do you guys get off that I even like Obama or that this is spose to be a political thread. This is about a historical event taking place in Orlando that I disagree with. Either agree or disagree but please keep it in context of what has occurred today on FM frequency 96.5 in Orlando.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:44 PM

167 posts, read 409,494 times
Quote:
At least he repealed DADT and is working on DOMA. How does that make you feel? Oh and where do you guys get off that I even like Obama or that this is spose to be a political thread. This is about a historical event taking place in Orlando that I disagree with. Either agree or disagree but please keep it in context of what has occurred today on FM frequency 96.5 in Orlando.
Well thank god he did THAT you fool. The hell with social politics. Are you trying to imply I have something against gays? WTF does that have to to with the stock market imploding/unemployment rising/our credit rating getting knocked down a notch. It became a political thread when you started calling people who lean right "hateful." I ask again...define that? Give me an example? What is so "hateful" about lowering taxes/loving this country/give the power back to the people?

Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Oaky so I'm not going to miss 96.5 WHTQ's classic rock format in Orlando since A: I'm not a huge fan of that music, B: I listen to music off my MP3 player, and C: WTKS 104.1 plays plenty of that after 11pm and on the weekends. However, a tragedy has come to pass and WHTQ's shoes will be filled with the hateful rhetoric of AM Conservative talk radio WDBO. While I agree that there is always room for a different opinion, spend 10 minutes listening to Neil Boortz out of Atlanta or Sean Hannity out of NYC on the new 96.5 and you'll see that they don't share that open-mindedness. The only saving grace is that Clark Howard is on that station during midday's and he rarely talks politics and does a great service like Dave Ramsay does by helping people with their shows. Oh and WDBO will have the Magic games too, but that's only if there's a season. Maybe this also bothers me because I think live and local is the recipe for good talk radio and at least they could have conservative hosts from Orlando like my own friend Bud Hedinger, at least he talks Orlando. They say the wall to wall Casey coverage doubled this station's ratings and that's why this decision was made. Hopefully they will see that there's a reason right wing talk has been subjected to AM obscurity in this market and FM talk like Real Radio and NPR are much higher rated for a reason in Orlando.
You're the one who made it political. Hateful rhetoric ... sure sounds like a political opinion to me.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Well thank god he did THAT you fool. The hell with social politics. Are you trying to imply I have something against gays? WTF does that have to to with the stock market imploding/unemployment rising/our credit rating getting knocked down a notch. It became a political thread when you started calling people who lean right "hateful." I ask again...define that? Give me an example? What is so "hateful" about lowering taxes/loving this country/give the power back to the people?
No sir or madam, I said these right wing talk show hosts were the hateful ones because they openly oppose equal rights for homosexuals. I never said that just ANYONE who is right of center or conservative should automatically be considered hateful. If that's what you got out of it then I apologize. Again let me remind everyone that I think the Neil Boortz Show and the Sean Hannity Show are full of hate. Please stop talking about fiscal politics as it has little to no place in this thread.

Quote:
You're the one who made it political. Hateful rhetoric ... sure sounds like a political opinion to me.
Nope. It's an opinion about what I'd like to not hear on the airwaves in Orlando. Again, this is a thread about an Orlando radio format change that I disagree with.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 PM

27,207 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Give me examples of "hate." Are you jacka$$es going to vote for O'Bungles again? ARE you paying ANY attention to what's going on out there regardless of politics? This idiot just isn't working out.
So you'd rather have Bachman or Perry? I also find it interesting regarding the "not working out part" and how unbelievably stupid the American public in general is. Has anyone not noticed the filibustering and voting of "no" by the GOP-controlled Senate over the past couple years? "That Obama can't git nuthin' dun!"

Old 08-20-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
So you'd rather have Bachman or Perry? I also find it interesting regarding the "not working out part" and how unbelievably stupid the American public in general is. Has anyone not noticed the filibustering and voting of "no" by the GOP-controlled Senate over the past couple years? "That Obama can't git nuthin' dun!"
Sure, he has ... he's reduced his golf handicap from 20 to 12 ... and taken a boatload of vacations while the average American can't even pay their bills.

But since this thread is about a conservative radio station hitting the FM airways in Orlando, I'm thrilled that these 'hateful' conservatives will take over 96.5. And for those of you who don't like it, too bad, so sad.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:01 AM

167 posts, read 409,494 times
Quote:
Yes you tree huggin' moron!!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
You are correct. Maybe it comes down to having political opponents in the House and Senate that feel any compromise is a bad one. Yeah, I'm really surprised he hasn't been able to do anything with that type of opposition.

Quote:
Sure, he has ... he's reduced his golf handicap from 20 to 12 ... and taken a boatload of vacations while the average American can't even pay their bills.

But since this thread is about a conservative radio station hitting the FM airways in Orlando, I'm thrilled that these 'hateful' conservatives will take over 96.5. And for those of you who don't like it, too bad, so sad.
Excuse me, but what does the President going on vacation while Congress is in recess have anything to do with people not being able to pay their bills. Like him or not, do you really believe that if he stayed in Washington, while the Congress he needs to pass legislation to change things is on vacation, he would be able to help anybody pay their bills?? Perhaps by pumping some money into the tourism economy in Martha's Vineyard, he will be helping somebody who works at the hotels, restaurants, and shops pay their bills rather than if he just stayed home alone with nobody to pass legislation for him to sign or veto. I'm not gonna get into how many more vacations his predecessor had during times of war, debt, and crisis, but hey, since you brought it up...

Quote:
Yes you tree huggin' moron!!
This post has been reported. Please refrain from calling another poster a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: