Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 AM

238 posts, read 742,816 times

Advertisements

Anything new on activities or problems at Solivita? We're closing on a townhouse the end of November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 AM

299 posts, read 1,333,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ67 View Post
Lot of homes for sale in there, its safe but the surrounding area is a little scary at this point ( i know i live in the surrounding area ) Avatar ( the builder) gets you in and then its all down hill from there!
I have not experienced anything downhill that was Avatars fault after I purchased a home from them. One reason so many homes in Solivita are for sale is due to investor buying, the other may be people wanting medical care closer then it is now, some even decide to move back to where they came from ( miss family) & of course the slow down in housing ( can't move here till you sell elsewhere). The prices have dropped big time & actually now is a very good time to buy a resale. The newer homes are different models so the selection is many. Solivita is really beautiful with tons to do but you know what they say - to each his own - so don't be swayed by what anyone says, what works for them may not work for you Come & take a look

Old 10-19-2007, 09:13 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,281 times
i personally wouldnt live in poinciana, esp. since i dont know much spanish and i am turned off by the punks in the gangs... i wanna feel safe... i live in orlando (waterford lakes/stoneybrook/avalon park areas), and we have break-ins, cars stolen out of driveways, etc... so imo, poinciana, would not be anywhere on my list. imo.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:01 AM

14 posts, read 103,555 times
Default Bike stolen?

you said your bike was stolen from your front yard. Do you live in sloivita? If so i thought it was a gated community?

Old 11-16-2007, 04:03 PM

157 posts, read 854,477 times
Poinciana is getting worse and worse for crime. Solavita is nice inside, but you gotta go out sometimes

Old 11-16-2007, 08:48 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,712 times
Don't liv ein Solvita live down the road from there in the "forgotten" villages...thats where all the crime is

Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 12,799 times
Default Solivita

We are considering buying there.

I'm not sure where you heard that something nearby was "scary". It is a gated community [that means there is a guard on duty 24/7] with a fence all the way around. And I just heard that 80% of the current owners live there year-round, so it's not as if it is a ghost town off-season.

Right now, it is about 20 minutes southwest of Kissimmee, and sort of out in the country. But in ten years time, it will be in the middle of suburbia and Greater Orlando.

They've built up a lot of shopping areas in the neighborhood lately.

We like it because they have a lot of clubs and activity in the village center which you can access via a golf cart.

But definitely shop around for a house at Solivita. New homes being offerred by the builder, Avatar, are starting at about $220,000. But you can currently find homes for re-sale starting at about $125,000. The market is down right now, so you can get the "lifestyle" somewhat inexpensiviely.

Nancy in Maine

If you want to chat about it:
nancykneely at aol com

The

Old 11-18-2007, 06:19 PM

157 posts, read 854,477 times
I'd head north to lake county, plenty of retirement communities with all of the amenties solavita has without the crime and traffic issues.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:11 PM

7 posts, read 53,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP View Post
It's in Poinciana and for 55+. Would like info. Is it nice? Safe? Expensive? Amenities? Are people happy there? Any info would be helpful!!
Hi, I love SolaVita. I lived there and bought a home. My husband developed a heart problem so I decided to move to TN. where my sister lives. I'm kicking myself for doing it. I have my two year old home in Knoxville on the market. Iwill head back to SolaVita as soon as I sell my home here.
It's such a happy place to live. If you haven't been to SolaVita, go there. You won't see any unhappy people. The activity are great. Poinciana is growing and new stores are popping up. The main pool I could stay in all day. You'll meet a lot of nice people there. Good Luck

Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Default solivita

Solivita has many features they have a website that discuss the amenities. The community has many homes for sale with 252 presently ranging from125k-640k. There are lots of choices. It is a good market to get a great deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando