U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 AM

741 posts, read 3,338,887 times

Advertisements

Something bad has happened to my favorite rock radio station, 96.5...... It is now ALL talk! Do any of you know if it has moved and if so Where?????

Last edited by FL little foot; 08-26-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 10:36 AM

3,607 posts, read 6,215,467 times
Uhh don't get me started lol...but it still exists...sorta. It's FM HD1 frequency endured a format change where now AM 580 WDBO is being simulcast, thus bumping the Classic Rock format to the 96.5 (HD2) channel if I'm not mistaken. If you have an HD radio you can listen in your car, if not, you can listen online via your computer/mobile device @http://www.96rockorlando.com/. If you like Classic Rock, 104.1, another talk station, plays it every weeknight from 11pm-5am and all weekend long. If you are not happy with the type of talk now being blared on your old Classic Rock station, might I also suggest 104.1 during the daytime and evening weekday hours.

Last edited by OrlFlaUsa; 08-26-2011 at 10:44 AM..

Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 AM

741 posts, read 3,338,887 times
unbelievable! I don't know if I have an HD radio in my car.. I know that my radio in the car can get the XM or Serious Sattelite channels, that is If I pay for them.. Would this be a HD radio or is this something completely different? Why in the world would they get rid of, IMO, the best freakin Radio station around????

Old 08-26-2011, 11:47 AM

1,377 posts, read 3,881,759 times
Welcome to Orlando! Arguably one of the WORST media markets in the entire country for its population.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM

36 posts, read 81,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Welcome to Orlando! Arguably one of the WORST media markets in the entire country for its population.
Agreed. The NPR station is pretty awful, mostly classical music
last time I checked.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 PM

3,607 posts, read 6,215,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL little foot View Post
unbelievable! I don't know if I have an HD radio in my car.. I know that my radio in the car can get the XM or Serious Sattelite channels, that is If I pay for them.. Would this be a HD radio or is this something completely different? Why in the world would they get rid of, IMO, the best freakin Radio station around????
I know it's crazy. Classic Rock was not my thing, but come one day, my rock will be "classic" too, and what will I do then. In my experience, just because a factory radio has an XM/Sirius tuner they want you to start a paid subscription with, doesn't mean it will come with an HD tuner that provides an exponential value by opening up your FM listening experience for free. The people you'll notice complaining about not enough music variety likely haven't spent the $112 to have it switched out. You'll still get all the channels you currently get, plus the hidden HD2 & HD3 including your beloved old format WHTQ. I wouldn't waste money monthly on XM/Sirius as I've had them both and they cost you over $100 per year, stop paying, no more music. Another option is to install an auxiliary port into your car stereo (if it doesn't already have one) and stream the music via an app on your smartphone like iheartradio or Pandora and stream stations from all over the Country, and custom radio where you tailor the type of songs you'd like played. For nothing extra assuming you have a smartphone with 3g service, you can have access to way more music and talk than satellite and have the shared luxury of never having the signal fade from one city to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I've been to a lot of Orlando's peer cities that have prolithicly worse media offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestion77 View Post
Agreed. The NPR station is pretty awful, mostly classical music
last time I checked.
I'm no expert, but 90.7 WMFE plays all the PRI and other canned NPR programming all the other public radio stations do across the country. Anyways, I can only take NPR in doses as government and politics are not my only motivation when seeking good talk radio. Real Radio offers some politics, and then good, though provoking and often hilarious commentary about Orlando and national issues.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM

12,289 posts, read 28,664,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL little foot View Post
Something bad has happened to my favorite rock radio station, 96.5...... It is now ALL talk! Do any of you know if it has moved and if so Where?????
I was wondering the same thing! First they changed the playlist, now all talk???? Now what station? Sucks! 104.1 is OK but it talks too much as well.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 AM

49 posts, read 86,738 times
The auxilliary cable works *If* you have unlimited 3G data (and an aux jack in the car). Dh has unlimited date. Our provider didn't offer it anymore when I upgraded to a smartphone. I always have to make sure the kids don't forget and use Netflix in the car on my phone .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: