Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times

Advertisements

Don't act as if Orlando doesn't have any issues. No city is perfect. What problems do you think Orlando has?

I think Orlando was poorly developed. This is my opinion and the opinions of many others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 06:38 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Insert the name of any city and there would be an infinite number of questions and answers. If we found the solution it would be like will smith discovering how to take down the aliens in independence day.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM

570 posts, read 1,152,939 times
Orlando wastes millions of dollars on unnecessary city projects, with those lining their pockets with city contracts and corrupt politicians getting favors to be named later

And Otis Smith should be fired

Old 09-04-2011, 06:04 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
A lack of transportation and mass transit infrastructure. The area counties (Orange, Seminole, Lake and Osceola) really need to collaborate and develop a comprehensive plan....like yesterday.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Insert the name of any city and there would be an infinite number of questions and answers. If we found the solution it would be like will smith discovering how to take down the aliens in independence day.
To be fair, that was Jeff Goldblum's character who figured out how to upload the virus. It was Will Smith's caviler attitude and failed ambitions to fly the Space Shuttle which led him to be the perfect pilot for the mission. Anyways, your point is still valid.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
A lack of transportation and mass transit infrastructure. The area counties (Orange, Seminole, Lake and Osceola) really need to collaborate and develop a comprehensive plan....like yesterday.
I agree. Orlando was just ranked in the top cities of places where people can't get to work.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 AM

I think one of Orlando's biggest problems are the critics that refuse to acknowledge Orlando's success and continue to bury their heads in the sand about ANY of the good things this city has going for it. It's clearly not perfect, but Orlando is doing much better. Some here complain about mass transit, yet a huge victory has been won with SunRail groundbreaking in the face of opposition from Tallahassee's TP Governor. Same with the new PAC. Orlando is making huge strides yet critics want to downplay all that and disguise it as legitimate concern for the city. Sad day Orlando

Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I agree with you whole heartedly. I've been living in the Orlando area for a few years now and the transit system here shocked me when I moved from Miami.
I've said this before but I'm astonished at simple things like a bus stop that isn't covered from the elements.Some bus stops don't even have bus benches but just a sign that you stand by with. There are parts in East Orlando where there is no bus service at all. I feel sorry for the people who have to use mass transit to get around here.
World class cities have world class mass transit and Orlando is very behind in this aspect.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I think one of Orlando's biggest problems are the critics that refuse to acknowledge Orlando's success and continue to bury their heads in the sand about ANY of the good things this city has going for it. It's clearly not perfect, but Orlando is doing much better. Some here complain about mass transit, yet a huge victory has been won with SunRail groundbreaking in the face of opposition from Tallahassee's TP Governor. Same with the new PAC. Orlando is making huge strides yet critics want to downplay all that and disguise it as legitimate concern for the city. Sad day Orlando
Your Orlando ego boosting is hilarious. Orlando has not gotten better in any measures. In fact, Orlando has lost its steam within the last decade. House values are down, Unemployment is high, retail is in the red, and consumer confidence is down.

If you had made this comment in like 2000, I would've cosigned.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I agree with you whole heartedly. I've been living in the Orlando area for a few years now and the transit system here shocked me when I moved from Miami.
I've said this before but I'm astonished at simple things like a bus stop that isn't covered from the elements.Some bus stops don't even have bus benches but just a sign that you stand by with. There are parts in East Orlando where there is no bus service at all. I feel sorry for the people who have to use mass transit to get around here.
World class cities have world class mass transit and Orlando is very behind in this aspect.
Haha this is hilarious lol. Yeah Miami's "world class" transit system is so great. Metrorail is just now making itself useful by going to the airport, and with an average of 65,000 daily riders, is a pathetic attempt at accomplishing what Atlanta has done with MARTA. Wow, 1/4 the daily ridership of the WDW Monorail, world class sure... Throw in the Metromover and you're up to 95k which is still less than half of Disney's Monorail lol. Oh and excuse me, but it took me all of 10 seconds to find an example of a Miami bus stop without a shelter. Are you seriously trying to say that every couple blocks there is a bus stop with a shelter in Greater Miami cause that's an outright lie:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3243/...93110ea807.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Your Orlando ego boosting is hilarious. Orlando has not gotten better in any measures. In fact, Orlando has lost its steam within the last decade. House values are down, Unemployment is high, retail is in the red, and consumer confidence is down.

If you had made this comment in like 2000, I would've cosigned.
Name one thing I've said that isn't true...I'm still waiting... good, now that you can't, I will repeat the one thing you think isn't true: Orlando has grown leaps and bounds and IMPROVED since the year 2000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando