Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM

8 posts, read 23,332 times

Advertisements

Good news56, Thank you for your detailed input greatly appreciated!!!:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM

262 posts, read 793,527 times
We live near Wekiva and love the area. I grew up here, and it was a natural place to come back to. The Brantley schools and feeder schools are wonderful.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM

17 posts, read 37,513 times
I just so happen to move to Altamonte springs in the past few weeks Sept11 and I live right across the street from the Altamonte Mall and so far its been quite. I like the fact that thee elementary is 3 mins down tnhe street, the middle is 5-8 mins. The apartment complex is also quite but I thin rather its east or west they both are with 5-10 mins of each other so no difference to me. My kids love thier schools, and I have yet to have any probelms with the schools. Hope this helps..

Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 AM

8 posts, read 23,332 times
@Peguero4, do u live in a apt complex? If so how is it and is it affordable?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM

105 posts, read 179,552 times
I pay $850 for a 2/1.5 apartment on Central Pkwy between Montgomery and I-4. There are individual owners (of apartments sold as condos) that will rent their property out for cheaper. For example my sister has a 2/2 for $750 on Jamestown near Montgomery. I know a teacher that rents a 1/1 apartment for $500 on Maitland Avenue near 436. I also know a lady that pays $550 for a 1/1 apartment in a condo community behind the Publix by Palm Springs and 436.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Well it sounds like Altamonte will be comparable to what you already have in CT as far as conveniences. Just about every chain, corporate store, etc have Altamonte locations. On top of that you have Altamonte Mall and the great shopping areas in Uptowne. As a general rule I would choose west Altamonte (west of I4) for the better schools. Avoid anything on Wymore Road. As far as roaches, they are a fact of life in Florida. Even million dollar homes will have some roaches. The key, as Ted very correctly stated, is to minimize them by keeping your place clean and not giving them any food sources to attract them. I grew up in Altamonte and enjoyed it. It's a suburb, but still has the hustle and bustle vibe of the city. It's primarily middle class and more established neighborhood, not nearly as new or transient as other parts of Central Florida. I'm sure you will enjoy it too.
I live in a house built in 2004 and have NEVER had a roach. I do have a service (once a year type). So I strongly disagree regarding roaches are a way of life. Not MY Life lol!
I agree an apartment that is infested would be hard to keep at bay. But I think complexes without them do exist. I also agree on the cleanliness issue. I for one would not accept roaches in my home (rental or not).

Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 AM

105 posts, read 179,552 times
Booya I agree with you. There are apartment that don't have them. I live in complex that doesn't have roaches.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
You may not see them but roaches are just about everywhere in Florida. It's not an insult or testament to your cleanliness, those suckers just find a way to infiltrate just about every human habitation. Obviously if you're clean they will avoid your place but they're probably still in there. Dwight Howard probably has a roach or two in his multi million dollar castle.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:45 PM

4 posts, read 16,822 times
Those of you in Altamonte Springs, would you suggest Hidden Springs or Jamestown Village?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando