Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I cannot stand it myself.

68 is too cold for me.
Sunny it looks like your lower comfort level is my upper comfort level.
Good example of different strokes for different folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Cold Snaps. Are un-welcomed in my book! Thats the inconsistency I ***** about. If it just remained cool throughout winter until summer came back in April I'd be okay but the Hot/Cold/Hot/Cold/Warm/Cool/Cool/Cold/Hot thing doesnt work. I'm going to post the most temperature fluctuating 7 day forecast we have this winter so people can see what I mean.
Unwelcome in my book too, but the status quo is welcome at least for now.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Of course, majority of people in Florida are from states with consistent climate changes. It gets boring hearing their "Ooo I love cool air" talk, but their the first ones ready for it to warm up. I frown upon people such as those. At least people like me know what weather I want. I hate cold but I can manage to deal with it.

Now that's a opinion and not based on fact.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
This is the trade off we scream about when people are bashing Florida during the Summer. They act like the heat and humidity are never gonna end, and then all of a sudden, usually in early October, the weather turns postcard!!! Mid 80's during the day and lows in the 60's at night is a nice break even for this die hard endless Summer lover. My only hope is to avoid the extreme cold snaps we've gotten these past 2 years as that is not the norm. Cool but not cold is my mantra and warm but not wet is my request. Personally I love the way it feels on Christmas Day sometimes when the air is slightly cool outside and the sun shines down warming you to perfection, unlike most locations north of here.
Dude, we are all well aware as to when the humidity disappears as most of us have lived here for at least a few years now. It's the 5 months of steam bath weather that most of us talk about. As far as the weahter now, think about all of the mold that's cringing now in your apartment as the dewpoint goes down.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 AM

78 posts, read 116,994 times
What sucks is that when the weather finally gets bearable, the daylight hours are much shorter.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckHereinFL View Post
What sucks is that when the weather finally gets bearable, the daylight hours are much shorter.
Actually, when I lived in swFlorida the much nicer weather signified the snowbirds were coming back. The weather is beautiful from November through April - minus a few weeks of fairly cold weather - but you have to put up with the hordes of people, most pretty darn nasty. By the time they finally left the heat would be on us. It was one of the many reasons I liked Orlando so much more.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM

51 posts, read 267,989 times
I have lived here for almost a year now, and the weather is about the only thing that I really like. I think the summer was pretty mild. But it was my first summer and I moved from N. Texas and it is like 115 w/heat index there.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:35 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,405,202 times
I want my Christmas and New years holiday stretch to be 92 degrees with a dewpoint of 79 and lows of 83! But I'll settle for daytime highs of 82 with a dewpoint of 73 and nighttime temps of 74! =)

Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Checking Tampa weather looks like highs in the upper 80's with lows in the low 70's.. if this is what you consider cold weather i'd suggest going to see a doctor as you may have some circulation problems..Had a friend who suffered from being cold even though temps were in the 90's and she was sweating profusely, turned out she had diabetes and her circulatory system wasnt functioning right due to the diabetes..

Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
I want my Christmas and New years holiday stretch to be 92 degrees with a dewpoint of 79 and lows of 83! But I'll settle for daytime highs of 82 with a dewpoint of 73 and nighttime temps of 74! =)
I'd love a 90 degree Christmas with thunderstorms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando