Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 PM

229 posts, read 778,591 times

Advertisements

Would you recommend an alarm system company in the greater Orlando area?

I know nothing about them, I have never had one before.

A stolen purse with wallet, keys, etc makes us think we are in less than desirable position.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
I shopped several before landing on ADT. It was the only I felt that might still be in business within a few years and has pretty decent customer service. I went with the Pulse system which you can access remotely via I-Phone or internet to turn on/off lights, look in on the house (cameras), adjust climate control (hooked up to your thermostat) and of course turn on/off the system.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I shopped several before landing on ADT. It was the only I felt that might still be in business within a few years and has pretty decent customer service. I went with the Pulse system which you can access remotely via I-Phone or internet to turn on/off lights, look in on the house (cameras), adjust climate control (hooked up to your thermostat) and of course turn on/off the system.

Thanks, how much does something like that cost?

Like I said, I have no idea at all outside of those flyers/coupon books that you get in the mail with 19.99-29.99/month offers

Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 AM

174 posts, read 454,877 times
We have Safe Touch which I really like. They place a 2 way communicator in your home and if your alarm goes off, they call into the house, not a phone call. They will ask what's going on and keep the line open with you until the problem is resolved. A week after my husband left for Iraq someone tried to break into our house. I set the panic off and they called in and we kept talking until the cops arrived. I had to set it off once cause I have a disorder that makes me pass out and they talked to my kids until the EMTs were there. So much easier than dialing a phone for them.

I don't know how much the monthly fee is though, we paid for 3 years up front during the install for a cheaper rate.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoQueHacemohAhora View Post
Thanks, how much does something like that cost?

Like I said, I have no idea at all outside of those flyers/coupon books that you get in the mail with 19.99-29.99/month offers
$1300 for all of the equipment/installation and $40 a month.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 AM

thank you both

Old 10-09-2011, 04:58 PM

7 posts, read 27,956 times
I would HIGHLY recommend Vivint.
They are newer to Florida (Used to be APX Alarm). Great customer service is an A++
Install was a breeze and quick, they were in and out fast, it's all wireless technology (Including how the panel communicates with the base station, No wires to cut).
They have great packages with great options, I have a family member who is permanently disabled with a medical pendant. Their response time was faster than calling me at work, I would highly reccomend this service, They have great options with monitoring you system online, Smart phone app if available. You can tie it into your Thermostat and control that when your gone as well. I love them
HIGHLY HIGHLY would advise you to check them out =D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: