Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:55 PM

81 posts, read 154,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
Hello,

I am planning a trip in late December and am looking for advice on lodging..doesn't have to be fancy but clean and nearby Universal or Sea World...saw some Hilton's that look good...are they? Or double tree at Universal?

I see ticket prices are quite expensive for those two parks and was curious if there are any discounts to be had or packages that save $$$.

Thank you!
I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Suites across from Seaworld in August. It was so nice. Had three pools, two heated, one not; which i liked. There are shuttles to Seaworld and Aquatica, which i visited. Don't know about Universal because i didn't go there. If you stay at this hotel, you can get free tickets to Seaworld if you go through the timeshare presentation, but when they ask you if you make 70,000 or more, just say yes, whether you make that or not. They asked me, and i was honest, said no, then was told I couldn't get the tickets (in a nice way of course). Brutal, huh? haha. anyway, i didn't care, had a great time and the grounds were beautiful. Only one little restaurant by the pool which wasn't bad. So you can eat out if you rent a car or can get on the I-drive trolley in front of the hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:15 AM

314 posts, read 675,908 times
Aw! Looks like I am going to miss out on the sea world special...won't be there until after Christmas but thank you for the info!
If you hear of any after the 25th though please DM me!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:50 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarboo View Post
Seaworld is running a special from Nov 1-Dec 25th; buy 1 adult, get child ticket free. Need to by online though.
Man, that is a good deal. You get the 2nd day free too, so SW for less than $45 a day. for 2.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
If you hear of any after the 25th though please DM me!
Oh you won't find any specials the week after Christmas. That's the busiest week of the year for all local theme parks. Be afraid...very afraid...crowds are absolutely nuts!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:50 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,794 times
what about the 22nd to the 24th? also very busy? worse than week after? thanks all

Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM

237 posts, read 1,059,396 times
I would say 22nd-24th will still be busy, but not as crazy as the week between Christmas and New Years Day.

Overall, I don't think Seaworld is as bad as Disney or Universal IOA in terms of crowds. There aren't as many rides, so there are less lines to wait in. You just need to show up about 1/2hr before each show starts and you should be able to get in. The main roller coasters; Journey to Atlantis, Kraken and Manta, will probably be 60-90min wait during the day. Either ride early on or late in the evening and you should be fine.

If you miss the,"Buy adult, get free child ticket" deal, you can always use the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards card at the gate to get 20%off.

Last edited by Cigarboo; 10-21-2011 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: adding info

Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarboo View Post
I would say 22nd-24th will still be busy, but not as crazy as the week between Christmas and New Years Day.

Overall, I don't think Seaworld is as bad as Disney or Universal IOA in terms of crowds. There aren't as many rides, so there are less lines to wait in. You just need to show up about 1/2hr before each show starts and you should be able to get in. The main roller coasters; Journey to Atlantis, Kraken and Manta, will probably be 60-90min wait during the day. Either ride early on or late in the evening and you should be fine.

If you miss the,"Buy adult, get free child ticket" deal, you can always use the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards card at the gate to get 20%off.

The week between Christmas and New Years is very busy. Last year when we took our son to airport we decided to go to SW on Dec. 28.(we usually avoid holiday weeks) We got to the area by 9AM but the road was bumper to bumper and it took about an hour to just get into the parking lot( from the exit on 528 to the gate). We ended up giving up on going to any shows. Lines were wrapped around the stadiums an hour before shows and sometimes they were announcing that the stadium was closed for the 3PM show by 2:15. We did not even attempt to ride the coasters. We spent our time in the animal exhibition and feeding areas and left by 4PM.

Going the few days before Christmas might be less crowded but since Christmas is on a Sunday, I would avoid the 24th and try to go on a weekday. Get there before the 9AM opening and stay till the park closes. SW is busier than it used to be, but it is a big park and usually handles crowds well. Watch when for example the Shamu show has that stadium filled. Ride Polar Express while Shamu has people in that section busy. Don't try to go there when the show empties. If going to eat at Voyagers or one of the restaurants near there don't go when Clyde and Seemore gets out because lines will be slow and long for food. Try to go when a show is on.
Pets A hoy which is a really cute show with some cool animals(kids and even oldies like me love it) has a smaller capacity than the stadiums and fills up quickly so give time to line up there .
Definitely stay for the night shows at Christmas because they are definitely worth it.

Remember that almost any ticket you buy to go to SW gets you a 2nd day free in the park so it makes it easy to come back any day during that week(within 7 days) to catch what you missed the first day. You do have to stop at the booth(each person in your group and get the 2nd day ticket) to get the 2nd day ticket.

I usually advise getting the all you can eat meal pass but during the week between Christmas it will be hard to pop in and just get drinks and snacks because lines are long. Still worth the price for just getting meals, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando