Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 AM

314 posts, read 673,850 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am planning a trip in late December and am looking for advice on lodging..doesn't have to be fancy but clean and nearby Universal or Sea World...saw some Hilton's that look good...are they? Or double tree at Universal?

I see ticket prices are quite expensive for those two parks and was curious if there are any discounts to be had or packages that save $$$.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,042,175 times
If you can afford a Hilton then the new one at the convention center is awesome. If you are looking for a cheaper place, try tripadvisor.com. There are all sort of user ratings on there for hotels.

Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of discounts these days. SeaWorld and Universal are two separate theme park groups so there are no cross-discount packages between them.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Thanks Pete...I appreciate the response!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:41 PM

237 posts, read 1,057,358 times
If you're talking about late December, meaning Christmas/New Years week, then there are few bargains to be had. That's pretty much the busiest time of year for Orlando and the theme parks.

For Seaworld, you can always get a 20% discount at the gate with a Southwest Rapid Rewards card. That's the frequent flier program that is free, not the credit card.

For Universal's Islands of adventure, discounts have been rare since Harry Potter. There is a combo ticket with Seaworld and Wet & wild, but it's not much savings if you get the one that includes IOA.

If you go more early to mid December, then you will probably be able to get more deals.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:51 PM

I wish I had more flexibility with the dates but unfortunately not...I am looking into a site called undercover tourist to see if they have better deals...its recommended by mouse savers so I'll give that a whirl.

I'm still open to more suggestions though if anyone has em!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:35 AM

812 posts, read 1,670,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
I wish I had more flexibility with the dates but unfortunately not...I am looking into a site called undercover tourist to see if they have better deals...its recommended by mouse savers so I'll give that a whirl.

I'm still open to more suggestions though if anyone has em!
It`s kind of like a bunch of dumb kids pulling pranks on eachother and being the kid stuck with the dare of tripping a mouse trap with your hand. You know it`s going to hurt like hell, but you do it anyway.

Point being.. You know you are comming, you know you are going to spend a ton of cash. Looking r deals is smart, but don`t let the concern consume you. Come down here, relax, and enjoy!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:20 AM

LOL Ted! You are right! I know I'm in for it which is why I'm propbably stressing (just a lil bit!) but I will feel better if I just do a small amount of research first...which I pretty much did yesterday and decided to get the hotel booked first and once we get closer to trip time I'll see if there are any specials on tix (or not) and buy those.

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM

3,975 posts, read 8,139,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
Hello,

I am planning a trip in late December and am looking for advice on lodging..doesn't have to be fancy but clean and nearby Universal or Sea World...saw some Hilton's that look good...are they? Or double tree at Universal?

I see ticket prices are quite expensive for those two parks and was curious if there are any discounts to be had or packages that save $$$.

Thank you!
You could get the Orlando Flex ticket which gets you into 5 of the parks---SW, BG, Universal, SW Aquatica and BG. Adventure Islands. It is cheaper than buying 4 day tickets for the seperate parks.

Or you could get a 2 park ticket for SW/Aquatica or SW/ BG for less than $120 I think that gives you unlimited entrance for 14 consecutive days(still have to pay parking though so staying at the Hilton or close hotel to SW within walking distance saves money on parking.

You can get a 2 day 2 park Universal ticket for about $!35 which is a pretty good price since the 1 day .2park ticket is $120.

All the parks will be awesome close to Christmas, hours will be longer, and there will be special rides and shows. It actually is an awesome time to go to the parks. Crowded though-so go early and plan to stay all day until park closing. SW has a $30 meal deal that is really good. Food there is better than Disney fast food places. Get the meal deal and you eat all day
and even go into the 5 restaurants for snacks or water/drinks anytime all day.

If you are going the week between Christmas and New Years, there will be lines for everything at SW. It took us about 2 hours to get from the 528 entrance onto International Drive to the parking place at SW a couple years ago. Once we got in, it was hard to get into any of the stadiums for shows because the stadiums were closed an hour before shows due to capacity. You will need to plan more than 1 day for each park.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,190,049 times
Rosen Inn. On international In Between the Two. Clean Fun Safe and Cheap!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:23 PM

237 posts, read 1,057,358 times
Seaworld is running a special from Nov 1-Dec 25th; buy 1 adult, get child ticket free. Need to by online though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando