Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,893 times

Advertisements

Florida, Osceola County, Saint Cloud
palm way st cloud florida - Google Maps

Google map of the location. Most relevant Florida statutes 316.084 When overtaking on the right is permitted.— (think the violation is tech 316.083) I approached this intersection at about 11:30 am. This intersection is the ONLY place on boggy creek road to stop traffic for left hand turns. All other intersections on boggy creek have signs referring to the right hand turn lane saying "lane ends merge left". This particular intersection has no signage but it does have 2 white arrows designating the right lane as turn only. On approach I didn't see these arrows due to traffic and a very low contrast between painted arrow and sun bleached pavement. After proceeding thru the intersection Myself, a pickup truck and a car where all pulled over by a state trooper and a county sheriff. Order thru the intersection was truck, me car. The trooper pulled me and the truck. the Sheriff pulled the car. I am assuming the car got a warning based on the brief stay. Under the troopers gaze however myself and I am assuming the pickup both received tickets for illegally passing on the right. The statue doesn't seem to address traveling in a turn lane to go around a car in the first place let alone what the required signage is. I was laughed out of court today for sowing up with evidence on a dvd. (10 computers in the court room apparently none of them capable of reading a dvd.) She allowed a continuance based on the fact "at least you brought something" meanwhile laughing knowingly with the trooper and bailiff. I would REALLY like to walk into court well prepared next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
It sounds like the equivalent of a speedtrap as apparently the local yokels were getting a kick out of it in court and the fact that the intersection isn't well-signed and/or well-marked. I would photograph the intersection (hopefully photos aren't too high-tech for Osceola County law enforcement yee-haws) and forget the Google reference as it brings up a non-specific address. Good luck!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM

Default Correct Address

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boggy+...orida&t=h&z=17

Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
I've been saying it for years and emailed the county MANY times about Boggy Creek Road, there's simply WAY too much traffic and the high speed limit to only have ONE lane. It's simply ridiculous, much like all of Central Floriduhh. I still can't believe the haven't widened and repaved and added much better lighting over there. That whole stretch all the way up to the airport needs a SERIOUS re-engineering.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 PM

Smile Dissmissed

After apologizing to the cop the judge said "I am afraid I have to dismiss this one."

Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 PM

188 posts, read 276,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyras View Post
Florida, Osceola County, Saint Cloud
palm way st cloud florida - Google Maps

Google map of the location. Most relevant Florida statutes 316.084 When overtaking on the right is permitted.— (think the violation is tech 316.083) I approached this intersection at about 11:30 am. This intersection is the ONLY place on boggy creek road to stop traffic for left hand turns. All other intersections on boggy creek have signs referring to the right hand turn lane saying "lane ends merge left". This particular intersection has no signage but it does have 2 white arrows designating the right lane as turn only. On approach I didn't see these arrows due to traffic and a very low contrast between painted arrow and sun bleached pavement. After proceeding thru the intersection Myself, a pickup truck and a car where all pulled over by a state trooper and a county sheriff. Order thru the intersection was truck, me car. The trooper pulled me and the truck. the Sheriff pulled the car. I am assuming the car got a warning based on the brief stay. Under the troopers gaze however myself and I am assuming the pickup both received tickets for illegally passing on the right. The statue doesn't seem to address traveling in a turn lane to go around a car in the first place let alone what the required signage is. I was laughed out of court today for sowing up with evidence on a dvd. (10 computers in the court room apparently none of them capable of reading a dvd.) She allowed a continuance based on the fact "at least you brought something" meanwhile laughing knowingly with the trooper and bailiff. I would REALLY like to walk into court well prepared next time.
tl;dr

Old 09-07-2013, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,010 times
Great for you Dy, now next time you harp on something with a geographic location please post the true street: Royal Palm off Boggy. Thanks for the link, otherwise I'd never be able to discern WT* you're talking about. I'd have to guess. And Boggy Creek is a long road!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando