Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:49 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbiddle87 View Post
Let me start out by saying I don't spend all my time in Orlando. I travel to many other larger city's such as Boston, San Diego, etc. and I must say that the night life in orlando is much better. But then again this is just one man's outlook. Also living in Orlando you can enjoy some of the best freshwater fishing in the state, water skiing, golf, close beaches, parks, museums, pro and college sports, I can go on but I feel that I have made my point. IF YOU WERE A YOUNG URBAN PROFESSIONAL, you would enjoy Orlando.
The nightlife in Orlando is better than Boston ? You're joking, right ? You really haven't made a point with me as you admit this is "one man's outlook". Boston has many more parks, museums, (4) pro sports teams, more college sports, water/snow skiing, and golf/fishing/close beaches in season as well. And Boston is teeming with college age women and it's not even close if you want to compare the number of urban professionals. Get real ...

Quote:
Please comment on what you know not what you think you know.
Actually, I do know as I lived in Boston for 13+ years and here in Orlando for a few more than that. So I think I'm more than qualified to comment ...

Old 10-26-2011, 06:58 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
If you ever get bored, than that makes you a boring person. A fun person will find fun, or something to do and occupy their minds

If I was an urban professional, I would love Orlando. I forgot where I saw this but Orlando was ranked No. 3 for happy urban professionals, I'll see if I can pull up a link

Orlando Named One of The Cities With The Happiest Young Professionals « jobtrakr

Back in 2006, Forbes placed Orlando has #3 for places to find jobs.

The article is laughable.

Redmond, Washington is first. I have never heard of the city.

If Orlando was truly the happiest place for yuppies, there wouldn't be a brain drain.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Back in 2006, Forbes placed Orlando has #3 for places to find jobs.

The article is laughable.

Redmond, Washington is first. I have never heard of the city.

If Orlando was truly the happiest place for yuppies, there wouldn't be a brain drain.
Redmond is the home of Microsoft and a lot of tech companies

Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Redmond is the home of Microsoft and a lot of tech companies
Understood that.

I still can't fathom why Orlando is #3.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:35 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Uh, not really ... once the bar scene gets old, then what ? Hang out at the theme parks ? I-Drive ? Walk the streets of Mount Dora ?
Oh please tell, what exciting things do people do in every city except Orlando once they get bored with the bar scene?? Go to the beach, eat excellent food, enjoy a concert, ride roller coasters, learn wakeboarding from the professionals who live in said city, see a play at a small theater, go to a festival, enjoy great weather, go hiking, watch professional sports, party with the international crowd one night and with local folk the next. Finally just enjoy a stroll around town people watching. Oh wait, all those things can be done in Orlando, some rather exclusively......yup WORST city in the US for sure.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Oh please tell, what exciting things do people do in every city except Orlando once they get bored with the bar scene?? Go to the beach, eat excellent food, enjoy a concert, ride roller coasters, learn wakeboarding from the professionals who live in said city, see a play at a small theater, go to a festival, enjoy great weather, go hiking, watch professional sports, party with the international crowd one night and with local folk the next. Finally just enjoy a stroll around town people watching. Oh wait, all those things can be done in Orlando, some rather exclusively......yup WORST city in the US for sure.
So which things can be done exclusively in Orlando ? Ride roller coasters ? Wow, there's a draw for the over-25 crowd ... and hiking ? Where does one hike in Orlando ? Joe Blanchard Park ?

Every post you make just reaffirms you have never been anywhere worth going outside of Orlando.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Quote:
The nightlife in Orlando is better than Boston ? You're joking, right ? You really haven't made a point with me as you admit this is "one man's outlook". Boston has many more parks, museums, (4) pro sports teams, more college sports, water/snow skiing, and golf/fishing/close beaches in season as well. And Boston is teeming with college age women and it's not even close if you want to compare the number of urban professionals. Get real ...

Actually, I do know as I lived in Boston for 13+ years and here in Orlando for a few more than that. So I think I'm more than qualified to comment ...
I lived on Boston for 4 years very recently and I must agree that Orlando nightlife is better. Boston has better overall entertainment options but Orange Ave is better than Landsdowne St. Boston has a great bar scene if you want to sit around discussing Boston Sports or Politics, but as far as actual nightclubs, Orlando is better. Boston is teeming with college girls but they are not all attractive. But I admit, you're more likely to find wifee material in Boston than in a UCF or Valencia girl. I love both cities but nightlife, Orlando gets the edge.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
So which things can be done exclusively in Orlando ? Ride roller coasters ? Wow, there's a draw for the over-25 crowd ... and hiking ? Where does one hike in Orlando ? Joe Blanchard Park ?

Every post you make just reaffirms you have never been anywhere worth going outside of Orlando.
Would you mind answering my question first? And I hike rather frequently in Wekiva State Park, perhaps others could chime in with other places too.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 PM

72 posts, read 177,475 times
Quote:

I was referring to your age. Not how many sports teams there are. But if you lived in Boston for that long I now know why you have such a great outlook on life. If you dislike Orlando so much there is a company called u-haul and they rent trucks for you to pack your **** in and leave.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:

Uh, not really ... once the bar scene gets old, then what ? Hang out at the theme parks ? I-Drive ? Walk the streets of Mount Dora ?
So what do people do in other similarly sized cities that they can't do in Orlando? Orlando may not be New York or LA but there's usually something interesting going on... festivals, theatre, farmer's markets, restaurants, conventions... especially in the fall when everyone wants to experience the great weather. And maybe to some people the theme parks are just tourist traps, but for me they are an incredible part of living in Orlando. Where else can you partake in a huge international food and wine festival during the day and then end your night a few miles down the road experiencing the best and most elaborate halloween event in the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando