Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times

Advertisements

"Earlier in October, the city reached a new zoning agreement that would allow the park in the Tangelo Park area."

For what its worth, these guys seem to be determined. Let's hope it gets approved this time!

City council to take up Orlando Thrill Park proposal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
I would love to see the Orlando thrill park happen,but I was never too sold on the site on the northern end of I-Drive,it seems too small for what they want to build and there's just too much traffic and congestion there,being a coaster person though if it had to go there or nowhere put it in there,heck it might even help the Festival Bay mall people,on a side note what's wrong with this mall,was it just meant to fail and does anyone have any solutions that don't involve knocking it down and starting over.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Thank God they are pushing this through, but I agree that the location could be problematic for expansion purposes. I think they could shift this to a less congested part of I-Drive like just south of the Convention Center and Sea World. Not only would it be closer to Disney and possibly siphon off some of those tourists due to the easy access of the Beachline, but also, there would be room to take this thing up to mini Cedar Point proportions.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Thank God they are pushing this through, but I agree that the location could be problematic for expansion purposes. I think they could shift this to a less congested part of I-Drive like just south of the Convention Center and Sea World. Not only would it be closer to Disney and possibly siphon off some of those tourists due to the easy access of the Beachline, but also, there would be room to take this thing up to mini Cedar Point proportions.
I agree. I don't know why they want to cram it into that area, except for the large amount of tourists there and perhaps the proximity to the thrill junkies who tend to go to Universal. If they tore down Festival Bay I could see the possibility... but I don't think that'll happen.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:40 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I agree. I don't know why they want to cram it into that area, except for the large amount of tourists there and perhaps the proximity to the thrill junkies who tend to go to Universal. If they tore down Festival Bay I could see the possibility... but I don't think that'll happen.
True good point about Universal. If they tear down Festival Bay, they need to keep Ron Jon, Bass Pro, and Vans Skatepark as free standing buildings as they are the only reasons I ever go to FB. Sadly I think Vans is on its way out, don't know why as it was very profitable and busy. Truth be told, Festival Bay's biggest problem isn't the building itself which is kinda cool, but rather its proximity to incredible outlets and cheap strip mall shops.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:03 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
True good point about Universal. If they tear down Festival Bay, they need to keep Ron Jon, Bass Pro, and Vans Skatepark as free standing buildings as they are the only reasons I ever go to FB. Sadly I think Vans is on its way out, don't know why as it was very profitable and busy. Truth be told, Festival Bay's biggest problem isn't the building itself which is kinda cool, but rather its proximity to incredible outlets and cheap strip mall shops.
I think it was just built in a place where the market is already over-saturated. I think the building was a huge issue too.. very poor building design. They've already announced that they're tearing down parts of it and making it an open-air mall. I guess only time will tell how that goes.

Anyway, I'd really love to see this park come to fruition if it's done right and has some great rides. My fear is more that they won't have enough money from investors or space to build anything impressive, but I could be wrong.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
They should clear out Festival Bay and place it there at least people would come to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: